Sapphire Princess and Tracy Arm

Tapi

You would rather go to Tracy Arm instead of Glacier Bay on the Golden Princess for your first time in Alaska?

We've read a lot about how Glacier Bay should not be missed. However, we need a Sunday departure from Seattle. There are other cruise lines sailing on Sunday that go to Glacier Bay, but we're traveling with my parents who specifically said that they wish to try Princess.

We also figured that this will not be our only cruise to Alaska, so we'd rather start with Tracy Arm, and do Glacier Bay later on, maybe as part of a Northbound or Southbound sailing.

We've read a lot about how Glacier Bay should not be missed. However, we need a Sunday departure from Seattle. There are other cruise lines sailing on Sunday that go to Glacier Bay, but we're traveling with my parents who specifically said that they wish to try Princess.

We also figured that this will not be our only cruise to Alaska, so we'd rather start with Tracy Arm, and do Glacier Bay later on, maybe as part of a Northbound or Southbound sailing.

Yes, good choice. Many times, due to work obligations, the Sunday Seattle departures (and roundtrip returns) were my only practical choice. I was not sorry! Both Tracy Arm and Glacier Bay are fantastic. I probably never would have chosen Tracy Arm if it wasn't for the Seattle Sunday departures. Yet, I was very pleased with the result! Tracy Arm and Glacier Bay are different experiences, and both are wonderful.

Some day, if you get to do the northbound or southbound cruises to Glaicer Bay, those will be wonderful, too.

For someone living east of the Mississippi, like me, roundtrip departures and returns from Seattle are much easier, and much more "do-able", when work obligations are a prime consideration.

Enjoy!

Archived