Ship Tour Valor 2-27-05

palmbeach12

Hi all,

Got the opportunity to tour and have lunch on the Carnival Valor today. WOW!

Really loved the decor - thought I would hate it from what I have heard. Very rich and elegant, the word "gorgeous" comes to mind over and over. Really good food was served - two appetizers; the first salmon with some cream cheese and cucumber thing presented sushi style. The second was penne pasta in a sundried tomato sauce with artichokes. THe main course was beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes. Dessert made me scream with joy!! THE carnival dessert - flourless choc cake now also served with a petite scoop of vanilla ice cream and a single rasberry. A fine red wine was served gratis which complemented the meal greatly. The waiters and maitre d' also put on a little show for us. Loved it! Speaking of maitre' d's, Ken (DeByrne?) the maitre d' who always opens the new carnival ships has retired. Spoke with our waiter Ken from THailand about this - he stated Ken had retired after 13 years and that all of the waitstaff cried because they loved his way of doing things. The waitstaff is afraid the new maitre d' may be more stuffy and not like the wait staff to sing and dance and have fun and they are worried about it. Some other changes - whipped butter in a little thingee (I don't remember this from my other carnival cruises), new chairs on the balcony- white light mesh that looks so much more comfortable than those stupid plastic white chairs. Also on the lido new purple chairs with the same light mesh. Visited the spa - exactly like the one on glory except there were tons of "spinning cycles." Really really enjoyed my three hours onboard and it killed me to get off. I will return 10/30/05 with husb to celebrate 25 years and also a girlfriend is coming solo and getting a single room. We are looking forward to meeting the other "valor vampires" I have some pics but they are really nothing special and I don't know how to post them on the web (have them in a file on my computer and on CD) It was a fabulous feeling being on a ship again.....thanks CARNIVAL!!!!!!!

Archived