17 DAYS & need to VENT!!!

aprilmay85

Hey ladies, ok soo my wedding day is REAL close...I just got things finished up & dropped my dress to the cleaners bc it was a lil dirty from having it for a year & goign to a few different seamstresses...well, I picked it up from cleaners & got home..LOST IT!!!! They ruined it!! The crystals beads were missing from different areas & had strings just hanging !! I am devastated :mad: 2 weeks before?!?! They said they would fix it by friday, lets hope!!! or they will have one angry bride & MOB :eek: THEN I go and slice the tip of my finger & nail off!!! is this really happening hahahaha I just needed to get this out bc I really dont know what to do anymore!!!! ALLs I keep thinking is...your getting married, going on a cruise...just SMILE :rolleyes: I am not good with stress & wish everything would just go smooth!!!! GEEZ

oh April May, that really sucks!! Hopefully they fix it for friday, if not, can you still wear it in the condition it is in? Or will you be stuck buying a new dress (make them pay!!!) a week before the wedding.

Any good cleaner should be able to fix it - I'm crossing my fingers it gets done!

And you're right... just keep smiling. In the grand scheme of things, none of it matters - you are marrying the person of your dreams AND going on a cruise!! What could be better?

oh April May, that really sucks!! Hopefully they fix it for friday, if not, can you still wear it in the condition it is in? Or will you be stuck buying a new dress (make them pay!!!) a week before the wedding.

Any good cleaner should be able to fix it - I'm crossing my fingers it gets done!

And you're right... just keep smiling. In the grand scheme of things, none of it matters - you are marrying the person of your dreams AND going on a cruise!! What could be better?

Thanks Crislen!! YES, it does suck and YES they better fix it by friday!!! It is sooo noticable BUT were soo close now that I really will just say SCREW IT :rolleyes: bc I dont wanna go thru all the stress of finding a new dress...I have alot of stress as it is :( but im just trying to stay positive...like you said...Im marrying my best friend aka the man of my dreams AND were going on a cruise with 34 of our closest friends & family...it cant get any better!!!! Its def gonna be a great time but what a damper on it all...the brides wedding gown :confused:

oh wow, that sucks, I'm sorry!

You sound like you have a great attitude about it, you have great perspective on the situation - but it still sucks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks Acireta!!! Im trying :rolleyes: its very hard when everyday its something!!! Im to the point where I just want it here so I can have the wedding of my dreams (on a cruise lol ) sit back, relax, with a drink in my hand AWAY from all this cold SNOW!!! Im keeping my fingers crossed too, I have spent more on fixing ppl's mistakes with my dress than what I paid for it :( I would like all the brides & future brides to take a moment & say a little prayer for me ;) and wish me luck!!!! Im gonna need it!!! Now im just waiting for my TWE to call me with the ceremony location and all the details...I guess that can keep my emotions positive!!!

Positive, positive when it's much easier to be negative. Good for you!!!

My heart goes out to you and my the Gods, heavens or whatever you believe in be looking out for you on your very special day. Think of this way...no matter what goes wrong or right, you will have a unique wedding of your own...and laugh about it all in years to come!

Bless your heart thats ridiculous! I made pageant dresses for years and honestly you would not believe the number of repairs I have done after someone took one to the cleaners, There is only one place in the country that I would recommend sending any formal dress for cleaning because most places are so darn careless. Don't worry they will fix it, I am just hoping they saved the beading that came off. I hope your finger is better soon on the plus side a fake nail hides a multitude of issues. Best of Luck and I am hoping everything is smooth sailing from here out!:)

LIPZ & PINKDIAMONDOLLY...Thank you ladies!! I appreciate all the positive concerns!!! bc I am freaking out but trying to control myself :p Its HERE & Im READY!!!! noone or nothing will stop me ;) Someones just trying to test me LOL and its not gonna work :D Ill have to keep you girls updated when I pick this dress up friday!!!! Thanks again!!!

omg i would have died!!!! i pick my dress up friday... but it was just altered, not cleaned. i hope everything turns out okay!!! we're getting married soon! can you believe it?! it's cool we have the same wedding day :)

SWALTON...I know, I did DIE!!!! I had to have mine altered 3 TIMES, and I just got it finally finished last week..Soo I had to get it cleaned bc it was a lil dingy from soo many people touching it :o got it back from dry cleaners & almost had a heart attack!!!!??? but they said it would be fixed by THIS friday, lets hope!!! and NO, I cant believe it!! we booked it last feb and 2010 FLEW BY!!!! its soo cool we have the same exact wedding day :D ENJOY your cruise too!!! I read other brides post with their dates and im like wow, were the only two future brides with same wedding date!!! Congrats again chicky !!!

congrats to you too!! what ship are you on again? did you make your own bouquets? what is your bridesmaid dress color? i don't think i've ever seen two brides on here with the same date :)

Were getting married on the Freedom!!! Our colors are black, white & these teal/turqouise blue color...and we just went with what carnival provides, we bought extra bouquets/bouttineres for our wedding party...just tried to keep eveyrthing simple as possible ;) and me either!!?? *1-29-11* Whooo Hoooo

Archived