Horse races on Voyager?

jwarhank

When we were on the Enchantment, our daughter, who was 6 at the time and loved going to the local horse track, wanted to be one of the jockeys for the horse races. She was not quite old enough to understand why the Cruise Director only chose the bikini clad girls with the very nice assets as the jockeys.

However, he let our daughter flip the dice cage and help him announce the numbers. It totally made her day, as well as gave me a very good impression of RCCL. He even gave her a nice little cruise ship trinket for helping out. Horse races were always one of my favorite day at sea activities.

Hey there,

On my second to last cruise I was jogging arround the track with the cruise director and asked him how come I didnt see the horse races.

Jimmy Rhodes (cruise director) responded that He loved them too but that it was fleet wide choice. It seem that alot of the fun things that I remember from cruises in the olden days are no longer.

I wonder why

Hey there,

On my second to last cruise I was jogging arround the track with the cruise director and asked him how come I didnt see the horse races.

Jimmy Rhodes (cruise director) responded that He loved them too but that it was fleet wide choice. It seem that alot of the fun things that I remember from cruises in the olden days are no longer.

I wonder why

Just another cost-cutting measure. Caring for,stabling, and feeding those horses was getting much too expensive and while I'm not sure, PETA may have objected to the manner in which some owners treated the horses (dressing them in outrageous outfits) while they were under their care.;)

Still do them on the RD....well a version of it...........in Nov,it was turkey races.........in Dec Reindeer races.........the people(with the winning bids to buy) were the ones who dressed up in character......guess it all depends on the CD.In this case it was Dan Whitney.

Hey there,

I wonder why

Well we know from another thread that RC monitors CC and ponders trends (as opposed to individual nit-picking), so maybe they will see this and htink about reinstating these things. We are relatively new to cruising and love games. The horse racing sounds like great fun.:)

Archived