4th or 5th deck aft balcony?

xrayvin

Currently we are booked on the Miracle Upper deck (5th) aft balcony. We are sailing in Jan to the Southern Carr. It is not the wrap, but we are excited to finally try an aft balcony.

After we booked I started reading about the lack of shade and the wasted space on this deck. I am wondering if we should move down one deck where there is more of an overhang and the railing is not as slanted. We will probably use the balcony mostly in the morning and nights, but we will use it while we are getting ready for dinner ( we have early seating ) so that is the time I am mostly worried about the heat. One more thing on this, the 4th deck is right above the main dining room. I would not think this would cause a lot of noise, but I might be wrong about this.

So would you switch or stay put?

Deck four is almost completely covered and deck five (and up) are exposed. It's just a question of which you prefer, sun or shade.

We like deck four for the shade. The upper level of the dining room is below you. We never heard a sound but we were almost never in our cabin at either dinner service as we were eating at one and doing things during the other.

One other nice thing about deck four is the stairwell on either side leading to the deck three exterior promenade. We found this a very convenient and pleasant way to navigate the ship. Also deck four has a laundry room across from cabin 4230. If you plan to do laundry or will need to use the iron.ironing board it is super convenient.

Thanks for the replies. I think I am leaning toward the 4th deck BUT..

One more question, On deck 4 does the flag pole get in the way? I tried to attach a photo(hope it works) I found that shows the flag pole but no flag. Do they fly a flag this high or is this what you see?

1849550697_aftroom4232.jpg.6ef200bbbb34897e54c02a9d9e5a5fb4.jpg

The flags on that pole are only flown while the ship is in port. This could be a minor annoyance but you probably won't spend much time on the balcony while in port.

At sea it looks like the picture you have posted.

Just when I thought I made up my mind! :rolleyes:

I am under the impression that deck 4 has a mix of sun and shade most of the time. I think that would be the same as our side balcony on the Dream last Jan. That one was perfect! We had a lot of rain and were able to sit outside on the balcony and not get wet. When I think of deck 4 aft balcony I am comparing it to our side balcony in that reguard. Am I thinking right about this?

Archived