Whale watching from Samana in March?

Koshlong

We'll be in Samana on March 21. I noticed that the last day for Whale Samana is March 20. I know that I can do a whale tour through other providers. My question is whether that March 20 cutoff indicates that the likelihood of seeing whales after that date is less likely? (I know that whales don't go by our calendar, just wondering why those tours stop then.)

I just noticed that this post makes absolutely NO grammatical sense, but I hope someone can understand it enough to give me an answer.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Any suggestions for an alternative? I'd like to go to Les Haitises. Is there any way to get there other than a ship's tour? Any chance on combining it with a beach?

BUT..........

The whale watch tours do not start until this week, but we saw whales last week from the ship while leaving Samana. It was a pleasent surprise. My wife and I where on our way to dinner and I noticed some crew out on the deck, and all of a sudden one of them pointed, I looked and saw a whale "blow". We went out and saw a few more blow and some fins. It was pretty exciting. We where not that close but still pretty cool.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived