Private Tour Guide Kauai

AUNTDEBBA

My husband and I along with another couple have her booked in May 2011. She was so helpful and we have a day planned full on going to the North end of Kauai and seeing beaches, waterfalls, snorkeling and all the sights the tour buses will not take you to.

Can someone that used her tell us about how it works? Does she pick you up at the pier and drive you or do you need to rent your own car.?

We have not done our tour yet but I can tell you that she is picking us up at the pier and driving us in her vehicle. We are a group of 4.

• 1 month later...

Karen Tilley of www.KauaiEdenTours.com is wonderful. Went on an 8 hr. hike/drive and saw amazing views, waterfalls, beaches. She was very concerned that she please us and meet our wishes and needs. The day can be tailored to suit your interests and abilities. She is personable and well informed. Picked us up at dock and returned us there on time as we were on a cruise. Highly recommend her.

Can someone that used her tell us about how it works? Does she pick you up at the pier and drive you or do you need to rent your own car.?

We went on an 8 hr. drive/hike with Karen last month. Really enjoyed ourselves. You just walk off the ship to the corner and turn left and meet her at a government building on the street. She returns you to the pier. She is personable, determined to please and knowledgeable. You won't regret your time with her. We saw remote beaches, the NaPali coast, lunched on the beach, pineapple fields, waterfalls, opened a cocoanut without tools and Hanalay Bay. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you give us an idea of the cost of the Tours. Thanks.

We are getting ready to sail on 4/9; spoke with Karen this past friday evening and went over our plans for the two days that we are using her. What wonderful ideas she had. I will let you know more upon our return.:o

I am considering this company myself. Can you give me an idea of what she charges? Thanks!

I emailed Karen some time before we left to ask about her tours, they were too expensive for us for a one day tour. I have deleted the email reply she sent, however I think the cost was around $400 for the 2 of us for the day.

Email her on her website and she will let you know the cost for what you may want to do.

We along with another couple on cruise critic used her on April 2. The cost was $170 each. It is pricey but not when you consider the flexibility, local knowledge that she has, and the ability to go places that larger, less expensive tours can not go. She makes a great lunch and makes sure everyone gets what the want out of the day. We focused on going to out of the way beaches and such, went to a farmers market, tried out local exotic fruit that she provided, listened to her sing to us, learned how to crack coconuts, enjoyed the amazing sandwiches she made us, and had an amazing day.

• 1 month later...

Shannah and I were married on the Golden Princess and we wanted to have a special private tour on Kauai to celebrate our honeymoon. We decided to spend the day with Karen Tilley, a trip advisor, and private tour guide (Kauai Eden Tours, www.KauaiEdenTours.com). We had read the reviews on cruise-critic. After a few conversations prior to our trip, Karen customized a wonderful tour that exceeded our expectations. Our day began by visiting a local farm where we got to try exotic fruits which we have never heard of before! We also stopped along the way to pick fruit growing in the wild and to take pictures of tropical flowers. My top request was to visit exquisite beaches and we did! The beaches that Karen guided us to were incredible. The ocean was turquoise, flat, and safe for swimming, the views were outstanding. In most cases, we had entire beaches to ourselves. We also had a great picnic lunch at yet another beautiful beach that was great for sitting in the water. Karen took great pictures of us and we plan to use them in our wedding journal. Karen Tilley’s local knowledge allowed us to experience the best of Kauai and we highly recommend going on her private Kauai tour.

Jason and Shannah

Edited by RiggsRoth

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

We booked the 7 day cruise on through Norwegian Cruise Line this past summer. Many of the excursions on each island were repeats like snorkeling, etc. We wanted to do something different and more personal. I reached out to Karen with Kauai Eden Tours for Kauai. We had to be back at the ship for 3pm in order to make it to the Luau that night. My wife and I were traveling with our teenage daughter and wanted the day to be fun for all. Karen spent the time to listen to our wants and catered a day that we will long remember. She met us outside of the dock at 8:15 am; and, off we went. We hiked to a beautiful waterfall where we swam against a slow current to the falls and washed our heads with the sweet fragrant gel from the beautiful red flower containing nature's own hair conditioner. We picked coconuts from a local vendor and drank the refreshing coconut water inside. From there, we enjoyed a picnic on the beach and went into the water in search of turtles which she helped find. We were able to swim with the turtles and that was really special. Lastly, she took us to the locale where Gilligan's Island was filmed. We would have never had these memorable experiences on a chartered trip. I only wish she could have been around to introduce us to all of the islands!

Does anyone have a recommendation? We wood like to design our own Fay without the hassle of driving

I know this is an OLD thread, but I noticed it was revived.......... we are using Jay Dorrance of Tread Lightly Kauai - he came recommended here on CC and on Trip Advisor. A full day will run us about $500/ 4 people.. that includes everything but lunch. BTW, his wife is a tour guide also, operates under own business name (can't think of it offhand).

Edited by CactusFlower527

I know this is an OLD thread, but I noticed it was revived.......... we are using Jay Dorrance of Tread Lightly Kauai - he came recommended here on CC and on Trip Advisor. A full day will run us about $500/ 4 people.. that includes everything but lunch. BTW, his wife is a tour guide also, operates under own business name (can't think of it offhand).

I'm pretty sure his wife is Karen Tilley. lol