Have u Been to CORAL WORLD?

nyc1967

We did the sea lion swim. It was awesome! I don't remember how long we were there but it wasn't very long. We shopped downtown first then at the cruise port after. The rest of the park was nice but not overly impressive. Unless you are doing one of the activities that have an extra cost like the sea lion swim or snuba etc. I'd skip it.

Coral World is a small facility, clean, staff is nice, we walked around and looked at the exhibits and did the Sea Lion swim. That afternoon we went to Coki Beach next door swam, drank some pina coladas and got the kids some chicken strips and fries. The good thing about going to Coral World first is that you can still use the restrooms while you are at the beach. We have done this twice and enjoyed it both times.

Coral World is a small facility, clean, staff is nice, we walked around and looked at the exhibits and did the Sea Lion swim. That afternoon we went to Coki Beach next door swam, drank some pina coladas and got the kids some chicken strips and fries. The good thing about going to Coral World first is that you can still use the restrooms while you are at the beach. We have done this twice and enjoyed it both times.

do you book sea lion swim or snuba when you arrive in the park or prebook or arrange on ship?

thanks for the info

DEFINITLY sounds like a great day...

I'm thinking either the Sea Trek OR Sea Lion swim - how r the prices - they don't seem to list all. Also at Coki beach, can u rent snorkeling gear?

Also, at

Sea Trek was AWESOME! I spent the whole day there. Did Sea Trek & toured around Coral World in the morning, grabbed lunch there, then spent the afternoon sunbathing and snorkeling next door on Coki. Absolutely perfect day!

http://coralworldvi.com/activities/sea-trek.html

You can rent snorkeling gear at Coki beach. They have a company that does snorkeling, scuba, and discover scuba tours there. You don't have to do the tour, you can just rent the equipment. We did discover scuba (about $70 per person) and it was absolutely fantastic. Best experience we had that trip. Beautiful area with tons of sealife to see.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the pricing at:

http://coralworldvi.com/park-info-prices/park-hours-prices.html

There's also a link on the page to a park and snorkeling package.

DEFINITLY sounds like a great day...

I'm thinking either the Sea Trek OR Sea Lion swim - how r the prices - they don't seem to list all. Also at Coki beach, can u rent snorkeling gear?

Also, at

in January with our boys (ages 5.5 and 3 yrs). We had about 2.5 hrs to look around Coral World and go to Coki Beach, and honestly we spent most of the time at Coral World. There was a small map and schedule given to us when we entered, and it listed feeding times for most of the animals. We saw the sea lion up close, the sea turtles eating their salad, touched teh star fish...it was great. We didn't do any of the extra fee items and still had a great time. This being said we spend a lot of time in museums at home and the boys like taking their time and looking at everything before moving on. I think the highlight of their visit was feeding the lorakeets!

Enjoy your trip!

• 3 weeks later...

For the sea lion swim it states no observers, does that mean I have to wait somewhere else while my Husband does this?

That don't seem right, I do not go in water so I wouldn't want to pay also.

Can anyone elaborate on their experience with this?

Thanks

Donna

Archived