Insurance

beebee

Used there insurance and had to unfortunately cancel a cruise last October. Once we had all the paperwork in order, they reimbursed us appropriately and without hassle. As I have heard horror stories with some of the other companies that provide travel insurance, I definitely recommend CruiseCare and I am using it for our next Azamara cruise.

Is it the same policy that Celebrity uses? If so, I would only use it for Caribbean/Mexican sailings because of the low $25,000 max for medivac. There is no way we would go to the far east, or middle east, which such a low amount. We have medical insurance we can use out of the country so do not care about the low $10,000 secondary in medical. The "Celebrity policy" also has a look back period for those with pre-existing conditions.

We have been using CSA Freestyle for more exotic cruises as it can be purchased at final payment due date and covers pre-existing conditions, including those for family members not traveling with you.

As far as cruise line insurance, HAL has the best policy because it is cancellation for any reason up until 24 hours prior to departure with 90% back in cash on your credit card (95% back at 31 days). No reason has to be given. Up until 24 hours it is HAL's protection but after that (with the Platinum Plan) you get insurance with $50,000 medivac.

Archived