Anyone been to the Turtle Farm lately?

BethV114

Thinking of going to the Turtle Farm while in Grand Cayman in March. I would like to purchase tickets in advance, but I'm undecided whether to purchase tickets just for the standard tour or to go ahead and purchase the tickets that allow swimming in the pool and lagoon. I read somewhere else that the lagoon is not very clean, so I don't want to waste money on the more expensive ticket if that is the case. If the facilities are no good, we could always go to the beach for the afternoon and do lunch there. On the other hand, we'll be traveling with DD (18 months old at the time), so if the facilities are good, we'd like to just plant ourselves there for the day.

When i was there in October, the Lagoon was closed so i didn't even get to see it. After being there though, i wouldn't suggest planning an entire day at the Turtle Farm. While it is really worth seeing, there isn't enough there to warrant a whole day, and i have a feeling after a couple of hours, you guys may get bored and wish you had something else to do.

When i was there in October, the Lagoon was closed so i didn't even get to see it. After being there though, i wouldn't suggest planning an entire day at the Turtle Farm. While it is really worth seeing, there isn't enough there to warrant a whole day, and i have a feeling after a couple of hours, you guys may get bored and wish you had something else to do.

Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking we'll just get the tour tickets and do that in the morning. Then head on over to the beach for some lunch and swimming.

We were there just over a year ago, and we enjoyed it very much. There are many things to see and do there, not just the turtle farm. We are in our 50's, and we loved snorkeling in the lagoon and swimming right up to the plexiglass partition that separated us from the sharks. It took on a whole new feeling to see sharks from their level....while in total safety! There are also hundreds of big, beautiful, colorful tropical fish in the lagoon, along with some young sea turtles. The lagoon is man made with a concrete bottom. There were bits of brown algae floating around in it, but this was not enough to deter us from returning to the lagoon. There is a little beach area at the lagoon, where I saw children playing. Since the lagoon starts off very shallow there, I would think it would be a nice, safe place for your toddler to play. I will attempt to include a link, but if it doesn't post, do a search for Boatswain's Beach and you will find it.

http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/

Archived