I have a dilemma about my booking

NHLady

I always book a gty for the lowest cabin which I will be happy with. (That and the fact that I actually kinda like the surprise you get at the dock.;) ) I usually check the websites just to see what's available in that catagory. I booked my Fantasy birthday cruise and asked the TA to book a 6c gty (been on that deck before and it was very convienient and fairly "stable" even in rough seas), and all the available cabins were in the same area (rear third of the ship) I got my e-mailed invoice from the TA and I have an assigned cabin. It's a really good cabin, one that wasn't available on any of the sites I checked, dead center, but I'm wondering why she booked an assigned cabin. Since I'm a past customer and both myself and my best friend are celebrating birthdays, I was hoping for a bump up. (The last time we were celebrating a special occasion, we were, so I've guess I've got it in my head that that may have something to do with it) When I booked there were nine or ten cat 11's and ten cat 12's available. Now all the 11's are gone, so it looks like Carnival already did their initial "upgrades". I'm six days from final payment and need advice. Do I keep the good assigned room or ask my TA to change it to a guarentee?? There's still lots of 6d's and 12's available on all the web sites.

Karen

If you booked a specific category GTY, and were assigned a nice cabin within that category, and a good one to boot, I'd probably take the cabin and smile. Being that you started with a GTY means that you could, depending on open cabins prior to sailing, still be upgraded. You are still pretty far out since you haven't made your final payment, which just leaves that much more time for an upgrade to that Cat. 12! :D Have fun..

If you booked a specific category GTY, and were assigned a nice cabin within that category, and a good one to boot, I'd probably take the cabin and smile. Being that you started with a GTY means that you could, depending on open cabins prior to sailing, still be upgraded. You are still pretty far out since you haven't made your final payment, which just leaves that much more time for an upgrade to that Cat. 12! :D Have fun..

so that basically means no chance of an upgrade. That's my quandry. Do I just take the good 6C cabin, or do I switch it to the gty?!?

NHLady:

I am in a similar dilemma only I am sailing in two weeks.

I booked a Balcony quarantee directly with Carnival. My PVP apparently assigned me a cabin when she did the booking because it showed up on my reservation page on the Carnival web site. I didn't really worry about it because I, like you, have been on numerous Carnival cruises and since we have a special occasion on the cruise I was hoping that they might "bump" us up.

Unfortunately, my documents arrived and not only are we not bumped up, we have what is a poor cabin IMHO.....towards the back of the ship over the disco.

So, my thought to you. If you have a good cabin....I don't think I would "rock the boat". You could get something worse.

I guess it's kind of a good thing, since like I said, the particular cabin we are assigned is dead center on the ship and on the side that faces the port (which I prefer to people watch). But it was so nice to be upgraded to a balcony the cruise we took 2 years ago. I'd probably change it if it were DH & I, but my best friend has never been on a cruise before (other than a European river cruise, which is a totally different animal), so a nice room in a good location is all we really need!!

Thanks for your vote! ;)

I certainly would not count on an upgrade from an OV to a suite on a Fantasy class ship... there are very few balconies on these ships, I think about 30? So they tend to book those. If you booked a guarantee, you can still be upgraded... but your TA may have looked at the available rooms left and snatched you a decent room so you didn't end up in a bad cabin... it's up to you as to what you want to do... but if you have a good cabin, would you really want to risk getting a bad one? Good luck...

I certainly would not count on an upgrade from an OV to a suite on a Fantasy class ship... there are very few balconies on these ships, I think about 30? So they tend to book those. If you booked a guarantee, you can still be upgraded... but your TA may have looked at the available rooms left and snatched you a decent room so you didn't end up in a bad cabin... it's up to you as to what you want to do... but if you have a good cabin, would you really want to risk getting a bad one? Good luck...

was on a Fantasy class ship, during high season no less. We were upgraded from a 6b to a 12!!! I think that sticks in my mind. I think you're right though. When I booked there were over 20 balcony cabins available and now there's only 10 cat 12's (or you can get a suite gty, so there must be a few 11's left, just not available to book) We're stil 65 days out, so I'm sure they'll be gone soon. I'm guessing I'll stick with my nice 6C!! Thanks for your advice!!

Archived