QM2 Caribbean Excursion Question

cruiserking

Has anyone on the recent QM2 voyages taken either the Sugar Train or the Rocky Roller Drive in St. Kitts?

The Rocky Roller Drive, seems like it would be reminiscent of a very enjoyable Jeep 4x4 tour we took in Barbados, although a much bigger vehicle.

The RRD presents the opportunity to get out and stroll around which I find appealing, as well as the chance to journey off the beaten track. I've read mixed reviews about the Sugar Train, seems like a pleasant journey.

Really, interested in which offers best sights, views and all around adventure.

I appreciate any comments.

Cruiserking

My husband and I took the Sugar Train in January. It was nice - it was long -

It lasted about 3 hours or so - it could have been much shorter - it got repetitious after a while. Enjoy - I didn't really care that much about the islands, I just wanted the ship experience and it was wonderful.

Thanks Gardenbunny,

I feel the same way. I'm all about the QM2 can hardly wait to get back aboard. St. Kitts seems like it will be a nice departure from the more hectic ports like St. Thomas and St. Martin.

Cruiserking

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Sugar Train and agree it could be a bit shorter. On non cruise ship days it goes completely around the island. On cruise ship days because of the volumne of customers it goes a bit over halfway and meets the mini-buses from the ship with the next set of passengers. The train does a loop and returns to the starting point. The buses take the first set of passengers the rest of the way around the island. Good commentary on both the train and by the bus driver on our trip. Singers on the train were an enjoyable addition. Sit up top so you see above the sugar cane. Good value. If the tour is sold out when you go to sign up don't despair. On our Feb 12 cruise they added another trip first thing in the morning to accomodate the demand.

Archived