Two Way Radios onboard

dmurray431

I'd like to know if anyone has experience with this also. There will be 5 of us in three different cabins and it would be nice to get ahold of each other. DH uses a cane so tramping all over looking for people would be impossible.

Anyone know if they are allowed on board? Do they interfere with ship communications? Do they transmit through all the walls and steel of the ship?

I've also heard of people using magnetic 'white boards' outside their cabin doors. Then you can leave a messages like "Joe and Sue gone to aft pool - 10am"

<P>I've used 2 radios in the past when my kids were on a cruise with me. It was a great way to keep in touch with them but still allow them to have a little free time. We had no problem using them on board and saw several other families using them. I'm not sure what type of radios they were but I do remember I purchased them at Walmart.</P>

Archived