Place to Stay in San Juan.

anjanetted

My family and I sail on the Victory in June. I want to come to San Juan a couple days early to enjoy the city. Any advice on where to stay??? I was wondering if I should try price line or not. Also, on price line there are several areas of San Juan to choose from, which should I choose? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

My family and I sail on the Victory in June. I want to come to San Juan a couple days early to enjoy the city. Any advice on where to stay??? I was wondering if I should try price line or not. Also, on price line there are several areas of San Juan to choose from, which should I choose? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

We are coming on Friday the 10th. Are you sailing on June 12th? We decided to stay at La Concha. It is beautiful, but slightly pricey (we got it for 200 per night) It also appears to be very well located, with a beautiful beach. Its about 15 minutes from the airport and about 15 min from OSJ.

Thanks

There are many discussions of hotels posted here, or you can research in Tripadvisor.com, among other places. Scroll through this forum and you will see much talk about hotels.

Also, re: Priceline - they do not "offer several areas of San Juan to choose from." They do offer a number of areas on the island of Puerto Rico from which you can select your desired area. If you want to stay in San Juan, then you should only select the San Juan area (Number 8).

Yes, we sail on the 12th also!!! Getting very excited though it is a long way off. Trying to get my plane tickets right now but having trouble deciding if I am getting the best deal. An airport 6hrs away will save my family of 5 $700 so right now I am thinking of driving but not sure. Have you guys cruised a lot??

When we went on the Victory, we went the day before and stayed at the Sheraton right across the street from the port. The day we arrived we took the Bacardi tour on our own the ferry was .50 (cents) and 1.00 for the bus. The ferry is right next to the port. Then for dinner we went to Raizes great restaurnt. I don't know how familiar you are with Puerto Rico. If I can help let me know.

Archived