2 tours back to back

wifeofbedo

Has anyone done the Capt Marvin's short snorkel tour AND the island tour?

We are wanting to see a bit of everything, so just wondered if you found that this combo worked without being too rushed and tired at the end?

I emailed them and they did say they could do the snorkeling first and then the island tour ( Turtle farm, Hell, gov. house). I am wondering if we will be all wet, sticky and salty from doing the stingray/snorkel first. :confused:

If you have done this, what snorkel spot did you go to? It says on the website they will do one, either the coral gardens or Barrier reef depending on conditions. Not sure what the difference is...

We were considering the Nativeways tour with the stingrays and island tour but wanted to do some "fish sightseeing" too, not just the rays.

thanks for any help!

I was looking into that too. I was considering doing the tour through Caymen in Nutshell. They do everything and it includes lunch. Have you looked into them?

Yes, I looked at them but they are $15 dollars more pp, and don't go to the Gov house and homestead. Their water excursion is the stingrays only, no snorkel spot which is what we are really looking for.

We usually take ziplock baggies along and pack a sandwich or cheese/crackers to take off the ship and snack on during the day. We do it the day before at lunch, and then store it in the fridge in our stateroom.

we did the stingrays and city/hell tour with capt marvins in sept. Yes, we were a bit wet afterward but we dried pretty quickly, tossed on a hat. You have a few mins in between though and you could change clothes in the restroom if you wanted. I changed my dd's clothes in the van --she was 2.5.

It was a fun day. The sting rays are fantastic!!! But if I had it to do over again I would skip the city/hell tour. The city tour is kind of whatever, hell is just a PO and a gift shop. Its kind of fun but you're only there about 10 mins so not too big of a deal. They take you to a rum "factory" which is really just a store. We don't drink so we didn't care about this stop at all. The turtle farm is actually pretty neat. We all enjoyed that and would like to have spent a bit more time there and felt a tad rushed. The dolphin encounter is actually across the street from the turtle farm so you could go over there too.

If/when I return to GC I'd do the rays again (awesome!) then maybe grab a cab to the turtle farm to spend some time, grab some lunch (there's a little place there) then go to the beach or walk the shops in the town --touristy, nothing great but still fun--or maybe check out some other local attraction.

Thanks for the info, it helps to see things more clearly.

We did book the tours, and I realize the Hell thing is a stop and quick sights here and there. I don't know when I'll get back there so I wanted to see it anyways. :)

Archived