Just back from AOS 2/20-2/27

Can anyone contribute more information regarding the food? Menus? I am going with a bunch of foodies. Is the ship still in good condition?
We just sailed the AOS (1/30 - 2/6). We were very pleased with the food and especially the service. We've sailed the EOS and NOS recently and thought it compared favorably to those two ships. Even thought it was in a little bit better shape than the newer Navigator.

The AOS does not have a Chops, but it does have a Portofino. We ate there and it was wonderful.

Have a Great Cruise! :)

Hello,

Glad to hear some recent good things about the AOS. Thinking about going in the summer. I love the itinerary but I am a little nervous about the service and food. I have heard good and bad on both. Two years ago, I went on NOS. I had a great time! My outside balcony cabin was fantastic. On that ship there was more of a variety of restaurants to choose from like sushi, steakhouse, and italian restaurants in addition to the dining rooms. And I don't remember there being a charge for Johnny Rocket's. Noticed that there is a charge now to eat in Johnny Rocket's (in addition to the drinks). I think it is $3.95 per person. What's that about? Is that just a AOS thing? Can anyone contribute more information regarding the food? Menus? I am going with a bunch of foodies. Is the ship still in good condition? This is adding up to be a pricey vacation. Want to make sure it is worth it!

Here is a link to my recent review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=139706

I would skip Johnny Rockets, although if you are a C & A member, RCCL give you coupone for the $3.95 charger per person for one visit. I thought the food was very good. There was some sushi in the Windjammer. I thought teh ship was in very good condition.

My husband and I are both newly certified in scuba so that will not be a problem. I was wondering, if you don't mind me asking, do you remember what they charged for the pictures or the video (I understand they offer this also.). Also, were the pictures only of your family, or were they of everyone in the water at that time? Any info you can supply would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:D

Did you see any midnight comedians? Any other activites you especially enjoyed?
The pub on the promenade (The Duck & Dog) had a singer every night, sort of one man band that we really enjoyed. Sort of funny because his singing was really not that good, but he took requests and did alot of slightly older, sing-along stuff. This became our after dinner meeting place! :)

Hi Lorie-

FYI, you don't have to be certified because you go down only 12 feet. I did not look into purchasing the video. If you choose to have your pictures put on a CD, you get to choose the number of photos you want, so that determines the price. Sorry, I don't remember the exact price for their scuba CD, but there were around 70 pictures and my husband thought the price was reasonable. My daughter and I did the dolphin swim, while everone else did the animal encounter. I think the photographer tries to take photos of one group at a time. Anyway, it's really hard to identify people in the scuba photos because their faces look so different while wearing the mask and mouthpiece!

We loved the Duck and Dog! Will be on the AOS again in 17 days. Do you rememember the name of the "singer/one man band"? Thanks!
Conanc - Sorry, don't remember his name. I thought I heard him mention to someone in our group that he was going to be on board for quite some time so I bet he will still be there.

Have Fun ! :)

p.s. We also found a band in the Viking Crown Lounge (probably called some thing else, but that's what I will always call it :)) that was really good. They played Rock / Jazz / Blues type of stuff....sorry, don't remember their name either......anyone see a pattern here? :D

• 5 weeks later...
Here is a link to my recent review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=139706

I would skip Johnny Rockets, although if you are a C & A member, RCCL give you coupone for the $3.95 charger per person for one visit. I thought the food was very good. There was some sushi in the Windjammer. I thought teh ship was in very good condition.

Thanks for the info!! I also checked out your review. It was very informative. Just one other question...Why is the stay in Aruba so extended? What else is there to do there besides the diving?

139 days to go. What time was sail away. I hope after dinner we have late seating. I love to watch sail away from the top deck at night in SJ.
Sailaway is scheduled at 10:00 pm. Late dinner seating the first night is 1/2 hour late (9:00....I think???) as they do the muster drill between the two seatings. I think I remember us pulling out while at dinner.

Have a great cruise! :)

Archived