Seabourn Per Diem

cruiseyguy

I like to evaluate cruise rates on a per diem basis and woud appreciate any input regarding the range of per diems for a lowest category cabin on Seabourn, with the highest number being for a popular and/o rheavily booked cruise and the lowest would be for a shoulder season/less popular cruise, taking into account any discounts that are usually available.

Hello Cruiseyguy.

There are some other aspects of Seabourn's prices that you need to take into account, too.

They publish Early Booking Savings that can and often do get reduced or disappear as the cruises fill up, which they tend to do. So not only when the cruise departs but also when you book can effect price.

Then there are Signature Value sailings that offer 50 percent off to past guests of Seabourn or any other of the "World's Leading Cruise Lines" That's Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Princess, Holland America and Windstar.

Then there are Combo savings for booking consecutive cruises back-to-back, Grand Voyage (50%) for booking longer combos over 18 days....

The bottom line is it might pay to find a travel agent who knows Seabourn and work with them. It doesn't cost you any more and they can really save you time.

If you play all the angles, you may find isolated Seabourn cruises that are a bit over $250 per person, per day ( not many!). They go up to well over a thousand.

Oh, and you need to compare not only perdiems but especially what the perdiems buy--in Seabourn's case practically everything, plus caviar!

bgood

Thanks bgood. Your post highlights the problem I am having getting a "handle" on Seabourn's prices. The discounts, early booking "savings" and so forth make it very difficult to compare Seabourn to similar lines in terms of pricing (even some not-so-similar lines). I guess that is the idea. Do the discounts go both ways (near sailing time as well as far out)? I sense that those who have cruised Seabourn often have a good idea of the way the prices "flow" but I don't (as a potential newbie). Maybe I should take a short, cheap Carnival cruise (!!!) in order to qualify for the 50% discounts.

I think a TA who specializes in Seabourn would help. The rules can be tricky, and seemingly somewhat arbitrary at times. Additionally, you can go directly to Seabourn's website and click on "special offers", where you will find sailings that are discounted. They update the site frequently, so you might want to check every couple of weeks to see if there is a discounted sailing which interests you. http://www.seabourn.com

You shouldn't have to sail Carnival in order to get a decent fare on Seabourn!!! Heaven forbid!!! ;-)

Regards,

Denyse

On the other hand, those past-guest Signature Value savings are nothing to sniff at! A 50 percent fare on a Seabourn cruise will pay for quite a bit of Carnival cruising!

But as some other posters have highlighted, you have to include EVERYTHING when doing a comparison.

On the "other ship" you might have to add in:

drinks during the day, sodas, wine, booze, etc.

Gourmet dining?

CLASSY service

Suite vs cabin upgrade

Tipping everywhere

etc. etc.

As to the rate you pay, it really does vary by cruise, which is posted on the Seabourn website. Some agents can take a few dollars off those, but not much.

I appreciate the many "pros" about sailing Seabourn and am also aware of the very few "cons." But, like everyone, I would still like to get the best price possible. A 2-3 Carnival "cruise to nowhere" could give me a substantial step in that direction, it seems.

Archived