Tour recommendations in La Palma?

catharina

Hi guys

I am looking for tour or company recommendations for a tour in la Palma. We dock in santa cruz and are there for a whole day.

for the other islands I do not mind renting a car and going on our own but this one seems to be special. would love to see vulcanoes with the kids and see some of this island

anybody got tips?

• 3 weeks later...
Nobody I guess :-( I'll just have to take a leap of faith then

will let you know when I am back

Hello!

We did a tour booked with the ship - went on a "Volcanoes & Wine" tour - driving through the old lava flows to Fuencaliente then onto the San Antonio Crater - amazing views & scenery we toured through. Finally finished at a bodega for some wine tasting. It was a 4 hour trip & I felt we got to see quite a bit of the island, even though it was from a coach!

Are you going to Lanzarote? This is a great island for Volcanoes - if so, make sure you go to Timanfaya (Fire Mountain) and take a coach trip around the National Park (this is the only way you get to see the National Park - you cannot drive around that part on your own!) We took our children and they loved it!

We went to the volcano on our visit to La Palma in November 2009 - we just picked up a taxi at the port - we also visited a cigar manufacturer where we bought some great value cigars and watched them being manufactured - it was very interesting.

Best Wishes for a great trip

Gill

Archived