Bev Packages

cruiseboys

Was reading earlier posts about Windstar and was wondering about the Bev Packages. Searched the Windstar website but found no info. Anyone have more specifics and/or availability??

Sailing on WindSpirit 10 years ago and thinking about another cruise soon.

Any info is appreciated.

Happy Cruising!

We just came from Windsurf (Barbados). To my knowledge, there is no bev package. Since you haven't been on Windstar for 10 years, I think you'll be pleased with the refurbishing.

Funny ... we were aboard Windsurf 1/31/2010 for a week and there was a selection of four beverage packages. They had to be purchased the first day of the cruise. Perhaps you have to inquire, or perhaps they were canceled.:(

We did the Bev. Package last year in Costa Rica, and we are not the conservative types, if you know what I mean. The limit was $30.00 for a bottle of wine in the Dining Room, and most call drinks were included. We only did it because we had shipboard credit for booking this cruise on another Windstar cruise in the Med. We figured it out at the end and we thought it would be about even for the week without the package, it must be appproved from the Bev. manager. Do take the Laundry package it was great bringing home clean clothes! Ciao....:)

We did the Bev. Package last year in Costa Rica, and we are not the conservative types, if you know what I mean. The limit was $30.00 for a bottle of wine in the Dining Room, and most call drinks were included. We only did it because we had shipboard credit for booking this cruise on another Windstar cruise in the Med. We figured it out at the end and we thought it would be about even for the week without the package, it must be appproved from the Bev. manager. Do take the Laundry package it was great bringing home clean clothes! Ciao....:)

I did not keep an accurate account, but I also felt that it was close to a break even deal. I'm afraid that if I made sure that I got the best part of the deal, I might have missed out on part of the cruise. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

When you make your reservations, ask for the All inclusive Beverage Package. It's worth it if you drink alcohol. It also includes your mini bar in your cabin which is nice. And includes those big bottles of water. You do have to make sure the bottle of wine with your evening meal stays within your limit. Most all the wines are very good so no problem there. The only way this might not work for somebody is if you plan on spending all your time in the ports you visit. My wife and I enjoy spending a few days on the ship just relaxing by the pool bar where I can be found on 2/27! Good luck! :)

Was reading earlier posts about Windstar and was wondering about the Bev Packages. Searched the Windstar website but found no info. Anyone have more specifics and/or availability??

Sailing on WindSpirit 10 years ago and thinking about another cruise soon.

Any info is appreciated.

Happy Cruising!

Archived