Cocktail hour entertainment on Journey

StahlLane

I am very new to posting on message boards so please excuse me if I am asking a question that has been answered elsewhere on this site.

My husband and I traveled on the Quest in 2007 just after it's maiden voyage as part of Azamara Cruises. We were a bit disappointed by the fact that we could not find musical entertainment during the cocktail hour. Each night the "entertainment" consisited of a trivial pursuit game that became more competitive throughout the 12 day cruise. I cannot say anything negative about gaming as entertainment, just that it was not the type of entertainment we had become accustomed to with Celebrity Cruises.

We are sailing on the Journey at the end of this month and are wondering if Azamara has begun to offer music entertainment during the cocktail hour? :D

We are sailing on the Journey at the end of this month and are wondering if Azamara has begun to offer music entertainment during the cocktail hour? :D

The onboard duo usually performs in the Looking Glass lounge prior to dinner.

LOTS of music onboard AZ Journey!!!!!

Outside of the Dining Room is a Harpist playing before dinner

In the Mosaic Cafe is the Piano Man...we had Dan Hodges

In the Buffet area was a guitar player that sits just outside the doors on the back deck. In Inclemental Dinner he moved inside...

It was a true hidden gem that many people didn't know about.

All musicians encouraged requests!!! and they will also interact with the immediate audience!!

The night we cracked open our complimentary champagne to celebrate the cruise as our "anniversary" present we went to enjoy the harpist before dinner..she asked if we had any requests and my DH asked for Pachebel Canon D, which is what I walked down the aisle to, which she guessed

DH also requested Dan Hodges at the piano to sing a song

You can see a bit of that on our Youtube channel, just scroll down until you see Dan Hodges in title!

Use the yotube scroll bar to the right of videos...

Also, if you continue scrolling down you will see my video on the Azamara Laundry Room

http://www.youtube.com/user/OurPassportStamps

The guitarist would play anything you requested!!!

We were just onboard Oct 22-Nov 15th

Hope that helps!

K.

What a nice time we had, sitting in the Mosaic Café with our friends, listening to and talking with the harpist. Don't usually care for live music, but the harpist was great. Familiar tunes and requests, played and sung softly.

Thank you all for responding to my question. It sounds like we will not have any problems finding entertainment that we will enjoy on the Journey.

Karen I appreciated the link to the YouTube videos from your recent cruise. Of course the video of the entertainment staff practicing for their Thriller dance on Halloween was very cute! I especially appreciated the information on the location of the laundry room. We will be staying on deck 7, but our room is in the Forward section of the ship so we should not have the noise issue.

Juergen, I enjoyed the pictures you took during your recent trip on the Journey. My DH is an absolute camera fanatic. I showed him the website with your photos and suggested that he consider doing the same during our Panama Canal trip in two weeks.

Happy Crusing to you all!

Donna :D:D

LOTS of music onboard AZ Journey!!!!!

Outside of the Dining Room is a Harpist playing before dinner

In the Mosaic Cafe is the Piano Man...we had Dan Hodges

In ----

Also, if you continue scrolling down you will see my video on the Azamara Laundry Room

http://www.youtube.com/user/OurPassportStamps

The guitarist would play anything you requested!!!

We were just onboard Oct 22-Nov 15th

Hope that helps!

K.

Loved your you tube experiences. Thank you for sharing!

Archived