Private Land based island Tour on Barbados

jdc2204

My wife and I will be on the AOS for a March 20 cruise. The first port of call is Barbados. We would like to find a private (land based) tour of the island. approx. 4 hrs. Who has a good contact for an operator. We do not want to be in a large group. Maybe one or two couples at most.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. jdc2204

My wife and I will be on the AOS for a March 20 cruise. The first port of call is Barbados. We would like to find a private (land based) tour of the island. approx. 4 hrs. Who has a good contact for an operator. We do not want to be in a large group. Maybe one or two couples at most.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. jdc2204

We found Johnson's Tours. They charge $40 per hour for a private driver. That is not per person but rather for the entire car. My husband and I would prefer to just do it with it being just us. We can plan our own tour including only what we want to see. We figure we can do a 4 hour tour for $160 bucks whereas the other tour companies suggested here would charge us about $80 per person so it would be $160 too. However, if you should find any other couples that might want to join you, the $40 per hour would be divided by all of you. We found them on the www.barbados.org website. Their website is www.johnsonstours.com. Once you go to the website, look to the right under tours and click on "Go as you please".

Also, possibly check out the Roll Call for your sailing and see if any other couples might be interested in sharing a tour with you and therefore splitting the costs. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

In every port there are van drivers hawking passengers. It is very easy to negotiate with a driver to take you wherever you want to go and the more passengers the cheaper it is. As a rule you can get a tour ending at a beach with a return to the ship for approximately 25 dollars pp.

Hello jdc2204!

We are in Austin and just returned(last night!) from a week on Windstar. We had a wonderful taxi and I specifically asked for his card so I could recommend him! He was knowledgeable, drove well and the car was immaculate. Reach him at 1-246-268-8248.

That's his cell and it is Marson Taxi Service. Tell him the couple from Austin that he picked up at the pier on Sunday morning gave you the info!

ps- We've sailed twice on the AOS. Nice ship. but we specifically wanted to try Windstar for the sailing. I think we're sold on Windstar now.

Hello jdc2204!

We are in Austin and just returned(last night!) from a week on Windstar. We had a wonderful taxi and I specifically asked for his card so I could recommend him! He was knowledgeable, drove well and the car was immaculate. Reach him at 1-246-268-8248.

That's his cell and it is Marson Taxi Service. Tell him the couple from Austin that he picked up at the pier on Sunday morning gave you the info!

ps- We've sailed twice on the AOS. Nice ship. but we specifically wanted to try Windstar for the sailing. I think we're sold on Windstar now.

Do you have an email and rates for Marson Taxi Service? Thanks!

His card doesn't have an email or web site but it includes his home #. That's 426-6161. His card says "Marson Taxi Service, Island tours, airport/shopping, weddings, cave.

Air conditioned comfort.

He was educated in England and returned back to his mother on the island.

I think rates are flexible. When he picked us up at the pier to go to the airport, he asked if we'd like the scenic route or the straight route, no extra charge either way, and also told us how much longer it would take, time wise.

We opted for the scenic route and my husband tipped very generously. We'd much rather do that and still it was cheaper than the $39 for each person the cruise line charges for the same straight route to the airport.

Hope this helps?

His card doesn't have an email or web site but it includes his home #. That's 426-6161. His card says "Marson Taxi Service, Island tours, airport/shopping, weddings, cave.

Air conditioned comfort.

He was educated in England and returned back to his mother on the island.

I think rates are flexible. When he picked us up at the pier to go to the airport, he asked if we'd like the scenic route or the straight route, no extra charge either way, and also told us how much longer it would take, time wise.

We opted for the scenic route and my husband tipped very generously. We'd much rather do that and still it was cheaper than the $39 for each person the cruise line charges for the same straight route to the airport.

Hope this helps?

Yes, thanks!

We also had Marson as a private guide in Barbados about a year ago. He was working through another private company whose name I forget but we got it on the Cruise Critic boards. He also works as Marson's Taxi Service. We have been to Barbados twice before but he really showed off its beauty. He arranged for us to visit the monkeys, the old church, and took us to the highest point on the island - truly a magical place. He arranged for lunch at a local restaurant and a beach break at Miami Beach near Oistins. His life is fascinating too - he's a competitive ballroom dancer! The price was reasonable too.

We just returned from a cruise which included the beautiful island of Barbados. We were lucky enough to have been able to book Sarah, owner of Glory Tours, for our private tour guide for the day. She was fantastic!! She tailored the tour to our desires, and was very informative about the island and had some wonderful stories (we loved her pirate stories!) and history. The attractions themselves were good (we picked them--wildlife preserve, earthworks pottery, flower forest gardens, lunch at a local place--get the flying fish!, swim with the turtles), but Sarah herself made the day wonderful! My wife and I found her to be extremely personable, knowledgeable, friendly, dedicated to her business, really in tune with the island and its people, and a very fair and satisfying tour operator. While we had Sarah herself, watching her deal with her other tour guides and clients and being able to talk to her all day, I would not hesitate to book one of her non-private tours as well. You simply will not be disappointed! Oh, and if you are a cruise ship person, don’t worry about getting back on time, she and her other guides are absolutely attuned to when you need to be back. No worries mon! :D

http://www.glorytours.org

Archived