Lamanai or Tulum?

love2learn

We have done both, Lamania blows away Tulum. Not only that the adventure getting to Lamanaia via the New River is awsome you get to see tons of wildlife,birds,crocs,& howler monkeys.

Totally agree. We loved Lamanai and liked Tulum. Lamanai is much more approachable and real. Tulum is a tourist trap on a beautiful beach. You cannot approach the ruins or interact with the environment - other than swim in the ocean.

As Seahunters2000 said, the adventure of getting to Lamanai is just as wonderful as the site itself.

Totally agree. We loved Lamanai and liked Tulum. Lamanai is much more approachable and real. Tulum is a tourist trap on a beautiful beach. You cannot approach the ruins or interact with the environment - other than swim in the ocean.

As Seahunters2000 said, the adventure of getting to Lamanai is just as wonderful as the site itself.

A 3rd vote here for Lamani. I agree with all that was written.

Thanks for your quick replies, which tour company? I just talked to Nacho and he didn't speek very fondly of Lamanai, if we do it I want to do it with someone who loves it.

What is the best thing to do in Cosamal?

Thanks again

Thanks for your quick replies, which tour company? I just talked to Nacho and he didn't speek very fondly of Lamanai, if we do it I want to do it with someone who loves it.

What is the best thing to do in Cosamal?

Thanks again

We booked with Island Marketing/Belize Cruise Excursions back in 2007.

As for Cozumel - We LOVED Punta Sur. We rented a car and drove to Punta Sur and had a GREAT day. It is an ecological park that is not crowded. It has a lighthouse you can climb, very small Mayan ruins, wildlife - including crocs, a beautiful beach with snorkeling (with turtles), lagoon boat tour, and more.

Archived