RCI excursion Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves

Hook'em23

Has anybody done this excursion and have any feedback? I am wondering if the excursion is crowded, fun, and if the stops are nice and worth snorkeling. I wanted to do a private daysail, but there are supposed to be six ships in port that day. I think it might be best to do a ship excursion in case we dont make it back to the ship in time. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed Serenade Jan 8-15, 2011 and we booked the RCCL Excursion

ST82 - St John Half Day Champagne Cat Sail. Can't say enough good things about this excursion, the staff were great, they can take up to 49 people but the day we went only 2 ships in port so we only had about 15 of us onboard. Snorkeling okay, Honeymoon beach beautiful. Motored there and sailed back. We day an amazing day.

Sailed Serenade Jan 8-15, 2011 and we booked the RCCL Excursion

ST82 - St John Half Day Champagne Cat Sail. Can't say enough good things about this excursion, the staff were great, they can take up to 49 people but the day we went only 2 ships in port so we only had about 15 of us onboard. Snorkeling okay, Honeymoon beach beautiful. Motored there and sailed back. We day an amazing day.

Hello neighbour. Can you tell me a bit more about this catamaran as we are looking to book the same excursion next month. Is it a good sized cat - is size about 65 feet? Any shaded areas on the cat or are we at the emrcy of the sun. What are the facilities like? The excursions says drinks, sandwiches, bread and cheese? What was this like? Is this also good for teenagers? Finally, I just got an email back from RCI that says there are still 65 spots available for this excursion. This is interesting as you state it can hold only 49 people.

Looking forward to your reply.

James

Lots of shade underneath and benches to sit on. Shade up top when they put out the sail on the way back. Rum punch, punch (no rum) and champagne all good. They had plenty of white and whole wheat baggette sliced with various cheese. May wish to take snack with you if you have hungry teenage boys :) Interesting RCL said 65, they may have meant total for both excursions one at 8:30am and the other 12:30pm. We had orginally been booked for the morning one but due to low numbers just ran the 12:30pm excursion. The crew very friendly, socialized with everyone, showed points/homes of interest, gave history and facts of the area. They were very helpful with snorkelling as I had no previous experience. It would be a good excursion for your teenagers, there we a couple on ours.

I have attched a photo which is a scan of the cat brochure from the ship. Hope this is helpful.

cat.jpg.2e46b66cea282df7f450aed12d192de4.jpg

But heard here on CC that you only get 1 hour to snorkel ... and that it's a long drive to the boat and back. Any truth to this?

Good question. Here is what I know. Excursion is listed at 4 1/2 hrs. It is a 1/2 ride to and from leaving 3 1/2 hrs. Now, if we go with your statement above of a 1 hr snorkel time, that leaves a sail tile of at leat 1 hr in each direction? Sounds high.

SOCCERCRAZY - can you help with this one? How much time to sail back and forth and how much snorkel time?

Good question. Here is what I know. Excursion is listed at 4 1/2 hrs. It is a 1/2 ride to and from leaving 3 1/2 hrs. Now, if we go with your statement above of a 1 hr snorkel time, that leaves a sail tile of at leat 1 hr in each direction? Sounds high.

SOCCERCRAZY - can you help with this one? How much time to sail back and forth and how much snorkel time?

I can't find the thread now, but where I read, the person who went on the tour said that the ride there and back was 1 hr each way! They said they didn't mind because it was scenic, but... Not sure I want 2 hours in a vehicle for that kind of money!

Our tour was 4.5 hrs (ride to and from pier and cat tour), took about 1 hour to get to St.John (motor)and about 1 hour and 10mins (sail) to get back so we had about 1.5hrs in the water. The ride to and from the pier was in a covered safari jeep with about 6 benches. The ride itself wasn't very long and was very scenic.

But heard here on CC that you only get 1 hour to snorkel ... and that it's a long drive to the boat and back. Any truth to this?

Ours is booked through Princess, but I'm sure it is the same. (It also lists max per catamaran as 49) You take a taxi from the ship to the Marina to board the catamaran (1/2 hour taxi-but is open air safari type bus usually and quite entertaining, to me at least). They list sailing time to St. John as 45 minutes. Then they stop at Honeymoon beach for 1 1/2 hours - you can lounge on beach or snorkel or both or whatever you want.... then sail back...then taxi back to ship.

We have done catamarans several times and the "ride" is quite enjoyable and definitely part of the excursion in my opinion - not just transportation to get to the snorkel spot. Should be a very fun and relaxing excursion!!!

Archived