Selection from menu in MDR

Maya57

I agree with the other posters that the food is not 5 star, however it is just fine. Heck, I'm on vacation!

My philosophy is - If I didn't have to shop for it, unpack it all, put it all away, cook it, clean up after it, it's a gourmet meal in my book. :cool:

The food is generally ok to good but on our FOS sailing (2009) we thought the food was just mediocre. Our next sailings we thought the food was better. Maybe it is a ship specific problem.

I wonder if we were on the same cruise? Our FOS experience was also disappointing.

I agree that the food is going downhill; however, it doesn't stop me from gaining a few pounds each cruise! On Celebrity, we chose a soup, salad, appetizer, entree, and dessert as a matter of course. On RCCL, we can have the same things if we order it. If I don't like something, I just order something else and don't worry about it. When I'm at a restaurant and don't like something (but nothing really wrong) then that's $25 down the drain. On a cruise, no worries. I guess my standards have been lowered when I am now pleasantly surprised when my food is hot! It is a waste when I ask for a bowl of another plate's veggies and I get two entrees.

Having worked in food and hospitality for many years, it really just boils down to the chefs/cooks and what kind of day it is! It's a meal I didn't have to cook or clean up so I'm going to be pretty lenient and count my blessings that we can afford a cruise every year!

I agree with the other posters that the food is not 5 star, however it is just fine. Heck, I'm on vacation!

My philosophy is - If I didn't have to shop for it, unpack it all, put it all away, cook it, clean up after it, it's a gourmet meal in my book. :cool:

And that is exactly what the cruiselines are counting on.;)

I found the food in the MDR on EOS to be sub-par, especially near the end of the cruise. I'm a first time cruiser and a foodie. Four people at our table had no problems with the food, and the other three felt the same as I did.

However, we had an incredible waiter and head waiter that arranged to have custom made indian meals for us on several nights. Best paneer dishes I've ever had. I love Chef Nilesh :)

If I'm not included amongst the three people at your dinner table who felt similarly to you, that number just went up! Did you notice the night I just ordered a baked potato and plate of vegetables? Not counting Chef Nilesh's excellent paneer dishes, it was one of the best meals I had in the MDR.

Archived