Mediterranean Egypt Cruise.

Bowcruise

First time on Crusie Critic. Sailing in May on Mariner of the Seas and have a 2 day stop in Alexandria Egypt. Would like to get the most out of the 2 days. Looking for info on shore tours, ship tours vs private tours. Have read about Ramses Tours and Blue Nile Tours. How do prices compare to ship tours? What is a must see beside the obvious Pyramids? What about the 30 minute camel ride? Any information would be helpful.

First time on Crusie Critic. Sailing in May on Mariner of the Seas and have a 2 day stop in Alexandria Egypt. Would like to get the most out of the 2 days. Looking for info on shore tours, ship tours vs private tours. Have read about Ramses Tours and Blue Nile Tours. How do prices compare to ship tours? What is a must see beside the obvious Pyramids? What about the 30 minute camel ride? Any information would be helpful.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You will find a wealth of information on this site. I recommend that you do two things....

1) Go to the Roll Call for your cruise. Here you will meet other people on your cruise and they might have ideas and might be looking for people to join private tours.

2) Go to the Ports of Call area on these boards. Go to each port and read feedback and ask specific questions to those who have been there, done that.

All of that being said - When in Alexandria we hire Ramsey’s for two days and did the Pyramids on Day 1 and then Alexandria Day 2. Truth be told - while the pyramids were great, I loved Alexandria (Catacombs*****, Library, Gardens, Mosque etc.)

Have fun!

I've settled on Ramses as well for next December, but Nile Blue and Memphis also have interesting offers and generally good review. I was in Cairo on a group tour a dozen years ago and hope to share the experience with DW. Her mobility is limited, however, so we are opting for a one-day trip to the Pyramids with a Nile felluca cruise, return to the ship for the night and then spend the second day close around Alexandria. My shopping suggests the privately arranged tours are about half what the cruise-line arrangements cost. Some folks insist the additional price is warranted given security questions. I second DonMar's advice about looking to the roll call for your cruise as well as the ports-of-call board.

Archived