Bannister Island thru Coral Breeze

subaruSTi

Since it seems like the only way onto Bannister island anymore is through Coral Breeze tours we're going with them. I have a few questions about everything:

1) The cheapest rate for the island is the Manatee Island/Beach break. There's no pressure to go on the Manatee tour is there? Girlfriend and I would rather relax on the beautiful beach.

2) We have our own snorkeling gear, are there any reefs in swimming distance off the beach or just sandy bottoms?

3) Was the food/bar drinks expensive?

4) Who provides transportation to the island? Random taxi or Coral breeze?

5) How are the water taxi's getting back to the ship? We always play it safe and allow plenty of time to get back btw.

Since it seems like the only way onto Bannister island anymore is through Coral Breeze tours we're going with them. I have a few questions about everything:

1) The cheapest rate for the island is the Manatee Island/Beach break. There's no pressure to go on the Manatee tour is there? Girlfriend and I would rather relax on the beautiful beach.

2) We have our own snorkeling gear, are there any reefs in swimming distance off the beach or just sandy bottoms?

5) How are the water taxi's getting back to the ship? We always play it safe and allow plenty of time to get back btw.

When we did this last April people could get off at island while we snorkeled but we all had to do the manatee tour (kind of boring) on the way back.

I don't think it was good snorkeling near the beach

Not too cheap. About 5.00 for a beer I bought a few beers by the dock and took with me on boat and to beach in soft cooler. Got ice where I bought beer right by dock.

We were on a Coral Breeze boat (included snorkeling). I think they have a water taxi also.

We had plenty of time for some shopping and a drink before getting on a tender. We will be back this April

Rick

When we did this last April people could get off at island while we snorkeled but we all had to do the manatee tour (kind of boring) on the way back.

I don't think it was good snorkeling near the beach

Not too cheap. About 5.00 for a beer I bought a few beers by the dock and took with me on boat and to beach in soft cooler. Got ice where I bought beer right by dock.

We were on a Coral Breeze boat (included snorkeling). I think they have a water taxi also.

We had plenty of time for some shopping and a drink before getting on a tender. We will be back this April

Rick

Thank you so much for the response!!!

So let me clarify, if you do the snorkeling through Coral Breeze you'll do the manatee tour on the way back to the island from the reef?

We would just like a nice beach day and I don't mind only seeing a few fish and looking for shells snorkeling off the beach.

I can help you better with all these questions after next week if they stop there because they didn't today on the legend.

Interested in this excursion, but worried about missing the ship. I do lots of non cruise sponsored excursions and don't generally worry about it. But I have read about how long it takes to get on a tender, how long it takes to tender, how long it gets to where you are going. I would love to see some of Belize but what I am reading makes it sound like it might be more fun to just stay on the ship, which I really don't want to do.

How far ahead of the last tender do you get back from this excursion. Is Coral Breeze a reliable, good company? I have emailed them, and they do seem on top of things.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pam

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. A couple of more questions....Are there any tenders that will just take you to Bannister Island (rather than doing the Manatee watch etc?) If so, what is the cost? We really just want a beach day. Are there any other options? Goff's Caye looked nice but looked like it could get crowded. Thanks again for any feedback!

I just returned from a cruise and my daughter and I used Coral Breeze to go to Caye Caulker and just do a beach day. I have used this company three times now and they are very reliable. The tender deal was terrible but when we got there we still had about a 45 minute wait so we made it in plenty of time. They are very informative, explain a lot about Belize, the barrier reef, etc. I had snorkled the other two times I went so I just chose to stay at the island this time. It was wonderful. They have always gotten us back in time to do some shopping right at the port.

Been there twice as a simple excursion ("Beach Break" to the island and that alone. Plenty of places to park one's self. Very beautiful spot. Bev's and food a bit more than some other places but not terrible. Belikin beer is served, the local Belize brew. Bottles are metric and small...

As for snorkeling, the swim area was roped off and tied into a timber wall/breakwater of sorts. When there last, there were some fish and star fish, etc. out along the edges of the swim area. Best along the timber wall. Worth hauling along the equipment.

Tenders go back and forth to the dock throughout the day, should have plenty of time to get back. In fact, we have always left with time to shop at the dock. A lot of the "same old" but if you look close there are some native wares available. We tend to bring back fabric items. Table cloths, etc. Have fun we really love this stop. Be there again in a bit over a week; not doing the island this time. Zip line maybe? T

Archived