Taking sons 14 yo friend with us...i have questions :)

mj cruiser

We are taking our sons friend with us on Carnival Dream in March.

It is my understanding we need to have a letter from parents stating we can take him.

Does anyone have a form letter or an idea of exactly what the letter should say? Thanks in advance

I would also make sure to have a meeting with the kids and the other parents before you go and set up some ground rules(curfew, off limits areas, off limits activities, etc) and consequences as well as who pays for what (you, the kids, the other parents etc). You could also have both of the boys sign a contract with you so everyone is clear on what is expected behavior. If you search I'm sure you can find one listed somewhere on the boards here.

In addition to the consent to travel, request a Medical POA, medical history and insurance. Be certain to have all emergency contact numbers for the friend's parents and other contacts.

Don't forget to make copies of all of the friend's travel documents (including passport or BC or whatever).

I just got the task of organizing ALL this for my DD's high school band for their trip next December -- 200+! The forms that fitcanadian linked to looked good!

I think it's a good idea to contact the cruise line and ask what kind of documentation they require. When I was on DCL 7 years ago, I remember seeing a woman with her granddaughter not allowed to board the ship as she did not have a notarized letter of permission. I later saw them on the cruise and she told me they eventually let her on after calling her daughter, however, it was quite the hassle and scare. Not a great way to start your vacation.

Archived