Newbie Questions - NCL & The Gem - Boarding, MDR, Room Account

rikkikika

Please help a less traveled cruiser out . . .

1. We're leaving out of MCT in NYC, and am wondering about what time we may get on board if we arrive between 9AM and 10:30AM, we have an AF and Teal/Light Blue baggage tags. (We know we may not get into our room until 2PM or after.)

2. Which MDR do you prefer on the Gem and why?

3. Is it possible to have each person in the stateroom link their own CC or debit card to their individual sign & sail account?

4. How quickly do NCL sponcered excursions sell out?

5. Should we bring your own beach towels?

6. In the MDR if you are a party of 2 can you sit as a duce or do they offer the option to sit with others?

I know my list will increase as the weeks get shorter to our sail date.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rikkikika

Please help a less traveled cruiser out . . .

1. We're leaving out of MCT in NYC, and am wondering about what time we may get on board if we arrive between 9AM and 10:30AM, we have an AF and Teal/Light Blue baggage tags. (We know we may not get into our room until 2PM or after.) Usually they beging boarding the ship right around noon. You will be given a number at the terminal when you check in, and will board when they call your number....they don't use the luggage tags for boarding.

2. Which MDR do you prefer on the Gem and why? We prefer the larger main dining room, because the other one seems noisier and darker.

3. Is it possible to have each person in the stateroom link their own CC or debit card to their individual sign & sail account? Yes, this is done at check in.

4. How quickly do NCL sponcered excursions sell out? Some sell out rather quickly, and others never sell out.

5. Should we bring your own beach towels? There will be beach towels in your cabin, and you can take them ashore with you. If you lose them they charge you $25 each.

6. In the MDR if you are a party of 2 can you sit as a duce or do they offer the option to sit with others? YOu can sit by yourself, or request to be seated with others...you may have to wait for a bit until they get enough for a larger table.

I know my list will increase as the weeks get shorter to our sail date. The GEM is an awsome ship, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Your welcome!

Rikkikika

See answers above in red...:)

Archived