carseat for toddler?

vluvs2ski

When you are being transported around the island, what do you do about small children (22mos) who, in the US, would be required to be in a carseat, and really are too small to sit with an adult belt? Lap child? Bring a carseat with you? Thanks!

(I'm posting this question in all 3 ports of call in case local laws are differnent.)

This is a hard call and a question I use to post when my kids were younger. If it is a law about using a carseat, it is not enforced. Taxis do not have them nor do I think you could find any tour that offered one. Also, the seats belts can be unreliable, meaning they may not work like the ones in the US and may only be lap belts, which can't be used with most carseats. the best advice I could give would be to get a highback booster that uses the combo shoulder/lap belt and find a taxi that you can put it in. I would get one that is light weight because you will have to carry it around. I would read the instructions very carefully on the carseat. I don't think it would be possible to use the kind that needs the seat belt and the seat locking clip.

Unfortunately, it is not a priority like it is for most parents in the US. This is a very hard call for a lot of parents.

Archived