Millennium Anytime/Select

martyap

We are on the Millie in March and we're considering changing from traditional late to Anytime/Select. I know I have to prepay gratuities but do I have to reserve each night's dining time in advance? Any thoughts or opinions? Please help :confused:

Karen

We just returned from the Jan 3rd sailing and we did the Select Dining. When we got to our room there was a card suggesting that we make reservations every night. We never did that once and we ate at different times almost every night. Not once did we ever have to wait for a table. I can't imagine going any other dining route now. It really is the best IMHO.

We are on the Millenium January 24 sailing. We have Select Dining. Is there anything else I need to know? Also, was there a hairdryer in the cabin? What about shampoo and soap in the shower? Did you need an extension cord or multi-plug outlet? Are you allowed to bring on board?

We are on the Millenium January 24 sailing. We have Select Dining. Is there anything else I need to know? Also, was there a hairdryer in the cabin? What about shampoo and soap in the shower? Did you need an extension cord or multi-plug outlet? Are you allowed to bring on board?

We too had Select Dining and showed up between 6:30 and 7:30 every night with no reservations. We waited one night for 5 minutes - there were 4 of us. It was fantastik. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom but it is the 'vacuum' type that hangs on the wall. i would suggest bring your own if you have any 'styling' to do :) They provided soap and shampoo - didn't use either. There is two plug ins by the desk in your cabin. You are not allowed to bring an iron on board.

....but do I have to reserve each night's dining time in advance? Any thoughts or opinions? Please help :confused:

Karen

You do not "have" to make reservations; you are able to do so if you choose and want to be certain to dine at a specific time. For many of us, the joy of Select dining is the ability to not have to make reservations.

Just like at a restaurant on land, you may have to wait for a table if you show-up without a reservation. The tradeoff for us is: the risk of having to wait vs. flexibility. For us, flexibility wins. On our 10-day cruise in early December, we only had to wait once, but it was a long wait ~ 30 minutes, This was caused by a change in the evening show times that created a backlog in the dining room.

You do not "have" to make reservations; you are able to do so if you choose and want to be certain to dine at a specific time. For many of us, the joy of Select dining is the ability to not have to make reservations.

Just like at a restaurant on land, you may have to wait for a table if you show-up without a reservation. The tradeoff for us is: the risk of having to wait vs. flexibility. For us, flexibility wins. On our 10-day cruise in early December, we only had to wait once, but it was a long wait ~ 30 minutes, This was caused by a change in the evening show times that created a backlog in the dining room.

Even the few times we had to wait for a table, we did not mind at all because we waited in the bar area right in front of the restaurant where you can listen to music and watch the band playing and people dancing in the Rendezvous Lounge down below.

We were sorry to learn that they are planning to plug that "hole" in the floor when they solsticize the ship because we always thought that was a very nice feature.

Archived