Snorkeling in Grand Turk

remdog

We are travelling with our kids (10 &12). We have snorkeled a few times with them before, but we tend to stick to 'easy' snorkeling locations, such as a nice quiet bay where you can get to the snorkeling spot via a very short swim from the beach--are there any places like this on Grand Turk? thx

We too are traveling to Grand Turk with our children and want to snorkel with them. Somebody on here posted something about going to snorkel at Pillory Beach to snorkel. They said there is also a resort there that allows you to use their facilities also. Maybe someone on here can chime in about Pillory Beach or an alternative for snorkeling.

I snorkeled in the roped area at the cruise center. The side nearest the pier to the pole in the middle along the back had the most fish. There was also a huge anchor sunk which had a lot of fish.

I saw parrotfish, tangs, puffers, flounder, and more. Several talked about a barracuda but I did not see it.

It would be a very easy snorkel for children. It was probably about 8 feet deep, but the ship blocks waves from the ocean and there is no undertow.

Enjoy your trip!

• 2 years later...

There is decent snorkeling just off shore in Grand Turk, but the good sites are a little bit further offshore. I would recommend taking a snorkeling tour with an independant company over trying to find a good spot from the beach. Crystal Seas Adventures is a small company that does snorkel tours. They have equipment for younger kids including kiddie life vests and smaller masks/snorkels. You can google them or go to their website. http://www.crystalseasadventures.com They are also on trip advisor.

Archived