Booking Catamaran Questions

winphoenix

I have never booked outside the cruise line before and am kind of nervous about trying it. Has anyone had trouble getting off the ship on time to make their tour? From Celebrity's website it seems like you have to wait to get off until people that booked excursions with them get off first. Also, I am looking at either Shasa or Calabraza and would appreciate input. Is Calabraza worth the extra cost? TIA

Noelle

You'll have plenty of time to get off the ship and get to your tour. I was on Shasa in December and we had plenty of time. There was a shuttle bus to the cruise terminal from the ship so I was a little nervous about that taking extra time, but it was no problem. We were able to walk off the ship and onto the shuttle bus to get to the terminal in a few minutes. Once the bus drops you, walk through the terminal building (shops), and out the exits and you'll see the "gates" where you meet for your tour.

Noelle , Check to see how many ships are in port that day , if there are too many we have seen the later ships have to tender in , in Barbados . Other than that , if you are going with a reputable tour company they WILL make sure you get back early , most wouldn't even cut it close . We have only used private tours and in Barbados we have had over the top experiances with Captain Ron , you might want to give him a call as well , his rates are great ! Have a blast and don't worry , Ted

Thanks for the responses! I have booked us with Shasa, and am looking forward to a fun day in Barbados! We are the only ship there that day so shouldn't have to worry about docking. Now if I could just figure out the rest of the ports :confused:

Thanks again.

Noelle

Noelle , Yeay , your booked ! To me that's half the fun and absolutely recommend joining your roll call or starting one .We plan a lot of excursions with our fellow roll callers when possible , really heightens the experiance ! Have a great time and welcome to Cruise Critic ! Ted

Archived