Victory 2/20...The Good, The So-So, The Ugly

coka

Okay....finally down to the "ugly." This ship was the coldest ship any of us has ever been on! We are not talking about the standard operating procedure of "bringing a wrap to the dining room." We are talking about pull out the winter jacket you brought down with you and wear it all over the ship's interior. The air conditioning was absolutely freezing! My sister wrote on her comment card that if she wanted to freeze, then she would have stayed home in Vermont! Had I thought of it at the time, I would have suggested they exchange Funship Freddy for the Abominable Snowman!

Coka

Tell your sister thanks. I think that they listened to her. I just got off the Victory and the temperature was very comfortable. I read your review before I left and made sure to pack sweaters. I nearly froze to death on the Constellation last year, so I know what you were talking about, but they must adjusted the temperature on Victory.

... but every time I remember it, I get nauseous. Our cruise to Canada from New York encountered rough seas on the way out (floated like glass on the way back home), and I have horrific memories of that first night at sea, sitting in that red and black bar, listening to bad singalongs and the looks on the seasick passengers faces.

Great and fun report!!!! I loved Victory, regardless of my horrible memories of that bar. :-)

ON EDIT: I'm so sorry I only just found this post (thank goodness it was kicked!!) and finally finished the rest of the review... you had me dyin'! FunShip Freddy is indeed a freak. I'd enjoy being your table mate; why do I always get seated with the boring and weird?

Archived