Quick Early Saver Help

CollegeCruizer11

I am booked on the Destiny for 2/26/11. There is now a pack and go rate that is lower than the rate I payed when I booked early saver. Can I submit the form for this pack and go rate and get OBC? Or does this not qualify since Carnival picks you room and category for this rate? Also, how do I attach a screenshot.

-Brittany

I am booked on the Destiny for 2/26/11. There is now a pack and go rate that is lower than the rate I payed when I booked early saver. Can I submit the form for this pack and go rate and get OBC? Or does this not qualify since Carnival picks you room and category for this rate? Also, how do I attach a screenshot.

-Brittany

You can get the lower price but you will have to give up your requested room and go guarantee where they will choose your cabin. You have to have to price match to a category higher than yours. Eg inside to outside

You don't need to attach a print screen but I do suggest you take one and copy it into a document on your computer.

-Brittany

You can't directly price-match Early Saver (assigned cabins) with Guarantee Bookings (cabins assigned by Carnival), including Pack-and-Go.

ES "Price-Matching" for Guarantee, Pack-and-Go is: If the rate for the Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES category, falls below your ES rate, you can give up your assigned ES cabin for a "TBA" cabin in that higher category, and get any price difference.

There have been a few exceptions to this, generally when you have ES booked the lowest cabin class in a Category (like 4A in the Inside Category, 8A in the Balcony Category, etc.).

ken

You can't directly price-match Early Saver (assigned cabins) with Guarantee Bookings (cabins assigned by Carnival), including Pack-and-Go.

ES "Price-Matching" for Guarantee, Pack-and-Go is: If the rate for the Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES category, falls below your ES rate, you can give up your assigned ES cabin for a "TBA" cabin in that higher category, and get any price difference.

There have been a few exceptions to this, generally when you have ES booked the lowest cabin class in a Category (like 4A in the Inside Category, 8A in the Balcony Category, etc.).

ken

Just to make sure I am understanding... Since I booked an OV, I need to watch for the Pack and Go BL price to fall below the OV price I paid. Then I would give up my OV cabin and they would stick me in any balcony? It is not possible to get OBC for the price difference between my OV rate and the ack and Go OV rate. Correct?

Just to make sure I am understanding... Since I booked an OV, I need to watch for the Pack and Go BL price to fall below the OV price I paid. Then I would give up my OV cabin and they would stick me in any balcony? It is not possible to get OBC for the price difference between my OV rate and the ack and Go OV rate. Correct?

You booked an ES OceanView assigned cabin. If the Pack and Go BL rate drops below your assigned ES rate, then you HAVE to give up your assigned ocean view cabin for a "TBA" Balcony AND can get credit for any fare difference. The Policy is that you have to give-up your assigned cabin - one or two have posted that they got away with keeping their assigned cabin and got the fare difference, but that's not the policy and not the norm. ken

-Brittany

I just price matched ES to pack and go for the 2/12 Elation cruise. Got $140 in OBC and the room was assigned a couple of hours later. (Was 6d, got a room assigned that is also a 6d, just aft instead of forward.)

The Carnival rep said to make sure the rate you list says "PUB." (This is instead of pack and go or resident, etc.)

Also, request the difference as an obc and authorize your room to be released and for you to be moved to TBA.

I am pasting the rep's letter as a response to the ES form below...

SO, you don't have to go to the category above. (At least with this rep.)

-----------------------------------

The Pack & Go fare you are requesting is PUB promotion with a TBA cabin. You are assigned in a 6D. I have documented your reservation with this offer. Please resubmit the form requesting PUB and you state that you will forfeit your cabin number and switching to a TBA cabin. Carnival will assign your cabin prior to sailing. The cabin is assigned based on available inventory.

We will change your rate once you authorize the cabin change.

OK, I am confused. I did not realize you had to give up your current room to get OBC for a price difference. Is this only if you want to upgrade your room type? Or for any credit to be issued.

No. You don't have to give up your room to get an OBC. In fact, I had already gotten an upgrade and $40 in OBC. What we are referring to is when a guarantee rate comes out that is lower than the early saver rate.

But, it's now 23 days until my cruise. Carnival is now offering a "pack-and-go" special. Basically, someone pays for the category they want with the understanding that they can be put in any room in that category.

In order to get the pack and go price, I had to give up my CHOSEN room that's an OV 6d. Instead, I let Carnival pick which OV room I get. And, I get the difference. In my case, I moved from a forward 6d on the Empress level to an aft 6d on the Empress level. And, I got the $140 difference.

OK, I am confused. I did not realize you had to give up your current room to get OBC for a price difference. Is this only if you want to upgrade your room type? Or for any credit to be issued.

See Post #3 above. ken

Archived