Carnival ships not stopping at Belize News release

katiecat

We will be cruising Feb 27th on Valor to W Caribbean. Do the cruiseships always require a tender in Belize? My itinery only shows Gran Cayman as being tendered.

Yes and it's a long one - about 4 miles each way I think.

Hi Everyone,

I’m writing on behalf of the Belize Tourism Board, as we recently learned that some of you have questions about negotiations between Belizean tender operators and Carnival. We wanted to respectfully make ourselves available to you in case there is anything that we can help clarify. We greatly respect everyone’s personal opinions and thoughts, and our intention in joining the discussion is simply to help answer any questions you might have and clarify information about the negotiations.

We value all of our travelers – repeat and future travelers – and are committed to providing you with the best service that we can. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and helping as best as possible.

Thanks,

BTB

What is the latest information about Carnival ships going to Belize? We really hope we stop there on our cruise that we have booked in three weeks. Thanks for your help!

Hi Lake-Cruiser,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm happy to report that we have not been informed of any additional cancellations. However, we do recommend that you contact Carnival directly for the most accurate information on your specific itinerary.

We look forward to welcoming you to Belize and sincerely hope you enjoy your visit!

Best,

BTB

I have been informed that ships regularly scheduled to call on Belize this coming week we will be going to Belize. However, the situation is not completely cleared so we will still have to take it week by week. I'll advise on the following week as soon as I have confirmation one way or the other.

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

Hi Everyone,

I’m writing on behalf of the Belize Tourism Board, as we recently learned that some of you have questions about negotiations between Belizean tender operators and Carnival. We wanted to respectfully make ourselves available to you in case there is anything that we can help clarify. We greatly respect everyone’s personal opinions and thoughts, and our intention in joining the discussion is simply to help answer any questions you might have and clarify information about the negotiations.

We value all of our travelers – repeat and future travelers – and are committed to providing you with the best service that we can. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and helping as best as possible.

Thanks,

BTB

Any new information on ships going to Belize?:confused:

It looks as thought they are alternating weeks with the Legend. We were supposed to be in Belize on Feb 24 but got a letter from Carnival yesterday saying we are being rerouted to Costa Maya :(

That sure doesn't give you a lot of time to research that port and make plans. Do you know if the Carnival ships that don't go to Belize will all be stopping at Costa Maya instead? :confused:

That sure doesn't give you a lot of time to research that port and make plans. Do you know if the Carnival ships that don't go to Belize will all be stopping at Costa Maya instead? :confused:

It depends on the itinerary. Some are going to Grand Cayman, I believe. I'm glad we got that much notice. The past few weeks they had been telling people as they boarded the ship!

We stopped in Belize last week on the Dream. My Wife and her friend went ashore as I stayed on board with the kids. The tender lines were long, they could not get off the boat until about 10:30. They also said that of Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan they thought that the port in Belize ws thhe least desireable for shopping. Of course for excursions then it is a different story.

Any new information on ships going to Belize?:confused:

Hi Lake-Cruiser,

We have been informed that the Carnival Legend ship call on February 24, 2011 has been canceled, but we are unaware of any other cancellations. Aside from this one cancellation, if you have questions about your upcoming trip, we suggest contacting Carnival directly for the most accurate itinerary information.

Thanks,

BTB

yay...i have never been so nerveous in a port,I would never take my family outside the gates ever again.we were heckeled,and harassed too often. Yes it is a pretty port,but never judge a book by its cover.enjoy the cruise,and overlook small issues like this that we have very little if any control over...

We are suppose to be there next month on the Dream...I am looking forward to snorkeling! We did cave tubing last time and had a blast. I guess everyone just has different experiences :D If we end up going to Grand Cayman I am fine with that too...wish I was there now!!

Hi Lake-Cruiser,

We have been informed that the Carnival Legend ship call on February 24, 2011 has been canceled, but we are unaware of any other cancellations. Aside from this one cancellation, if you have questions about your upcoming trip, we suggest contacting Carnival directly for the most accurate itinerary information.

Thanks,

BTB

Thanks for the info. I WANT MY BELIZE!!! :-)

Carnival should just write off Belize and use Costa Maya and Grand Cayman. They are much safer and have better activities for cruisers. Plus in Costa Maya you don't need tenders

..and I wish they offered more cruise options that stop in Belize. I like mixing in a port that isn't a cookie-cutter Margaritaville/SenorFrogs/DiamondsInternational/CarlosnCharlies pre-fab resort.

..and I wish they offered more cruise options that stop in Belize. I like mixing in a port that isn't a cookie-cutter Margaritaville/SenorFrogs/DiamondsInternational/CarlosnCharlies pre-fab resort.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!

People complain that Caribbean ports are all starting to look the same. Well Duh! We asked for it. Put the same stupid, America-based stores in all of them and create an artificial "tourist village" so the podunks aren't intimidated by a place outside the narrow comfort zone.

Well if you all ever stop into Belize the best tour operators are Experience Belize Tours![/quote

One more time:

Ports of Call Posting Guidelines

Reviews/Recommendations of Tour Operators/Guides

Legitimate third-party recommendations/reviews for tour operators/guides/businesses *must* be posted in response to a request for the information. All others will be removed from the boards. Additionally, repeatedly posting the same “review” over and over in response to many threads is considered “spamming” and will be removed from the boards. Legitimacy of third-party recommendations to be determined at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic.

Post Shore Excursion Shares In ROLL CALLS

Posts looking for members to "share" your excursion, or posts mentioning that a few more spaces in a van are available and you should contact so and so, are not allowed on the Ports of Call forums. Please use the ROLL CALL thread for your ship’s sailing to find others willing to share your shore excursion tour costs.

Advertising is not allowed on Cruise Critic

Tour operators/guides/drivers/businesses in Ports of Call may not promote their business in any way -- that includes posting a link to your website, phone number, location, tour information, hours of operation, pricing, scheduling, etc.

Participation of Tour Operators/Guides/Businesses/Drivers/Locals in Ports of Call

There is no advertising or self-promotion allowed on Cruise Critic. Tour operators, guides, drivers, businesses and locals in ports of call may offer up advice of a general nature only. They may not include any company name or contact information, nor may they use Cruise Critic's forums to conduct customer service - either for themselves or any company. The simple mention of a 'tour' or that someone owns a business by an owner (or their agent or anyone in their employ) will be considered advertising and will be removed. Posts will be removed at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic. Repeated violation will result in suspension of posting privileges.

“One Post Wonders” – will be removed from the boards without notification to the author. This phenomenon essentially amounts to single or multiple posts created by a brand-new member touting tour operators/businesses/guides/drivers in ports of call.

Questions, comments, concerns? Write to community@cruisecritic.com.

Thank you all for your cooperation, Laura

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

community@cruisecritic.com

Cruise Critic

I e-mailed Carnival asking where we would be stopping...Belize or Costa Maya. They totally played dumb and then copy/pasted the itinerary listed on their Web site for our cruise. :rolleyes: Geesh.

I e-mailed them back. :p

-pitterpattershoppe

pitterpattershoppe,

I have been thinking about doing that now for the last week and 1/2. Part of me thought I would get a legitimate maybe somewhat intelligent

answer and the other part of me said exactly what you got!!!! Let me know if you hear anymore. I booked through a TA and not through Carnival, so i don't get emails or phone calls from them about anything. Our itinerary changed after we booked and if it wasn't for the roll call here on CC I would have never known. Geez:eek:

Archived