Best way to get to 7 mile beach

bagelmom6

We're going to be in GC at the end of May on the Carnival Valor and I'm thinking of going to 7 mile beach. What is the best way to get there? The cruise excursion is about $40 pp to go there. Would it be better/cheaper to just take a taxi there? There are 3 of us. If so, what is the best place to have them drop us off that will be good for a young child (age 4) and will have plenty of taxis to take us back to the ship afterward?

I too have been wondering where to go on 7 Mile Beach.. after reading reviews I think we've decided to go to the Royal Palms.. we'll be there the first week of March so I'll come back on here afterwards and let you know what my personal thoughts were..

Take the bus. Walk over to Edward Street (two blocks inland), next to the Library and you'll find the bus station. Buses are really vans. Jump on bus#1 (yellow) or #2 (lime green) and it will take you up 7 mile beach. Try the Royal Palm. Just tell the bus driver and he will let you off. $2.50 US pp.

You might want to go all the way to Hell. Photo Op but not much more. Send a postcard or two from Hell CI. Cost about 75 cents US for the card and stamp. Catch the #1 or #2 back to Royal Palm and spend the rest of the day.

The buses will honk their horn at you if you are standing along the street. They are looking for passengers. It's easy to learn the system.

They will let you off at the cruise pier on the return trip or a block off the water next to the Georgetown post office and you can walk down Cardinal Street to Harbor Drive (Breezes is at this intersection on the second floor of the corner building - Godd Mojitos) You'll see the crowd walking back to the ship tender dock.

Just remember to LOOK RIGHT when you cross the streets

Archived