"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Here are a few more pics that I don't think I may have posted yet. . .

I have been busy working, and posting captions to all of the pics I will be posting on my cruise page. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Viking Crown Lounge DECK 17

V7.JPG

The VKL Looks much better at night than during the day. . .

V5.JPG

It seems smaller than the normal VKL, but it is very wide

V6.JPG

The Entrance to the Pinnacle Chapel is also on Deck 17

V1.JPG

The Chapel seems very nice

V2.JPG

It could be a lovely place for a Wedding or Marriage Vow renewals. . .

V3.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The Helipad Sail-Away was a nice surpise in Labadee

V41A.JPG

Radio and WallyGator(CC Member) exchange pleasantries on the Helipad

V11.jpg

The starboard vent hatch allows for cooling of the Bow Thrusters. . .

V14.JPG

Here was our entry from Deck 7 (FWD) to the Helipad

V12.JPG

The Conference Center was down on Deck 3

V16.JPG

A very Large Poker Group was onboard Oasis of the Seas this week with many Poker Tables set up in the Conference Center

V17.JPG

Here a just a couple more pics. . .

Radio

The Champagne Bar on Deck 5

V21.JPG

Windjammer Deck 16

V26.JPG

The Windjammer hold 700 Passengers

V27.JPG

There are few Passengers dining at 7AM

V28.JPG

The Suites Area by day can accomodate many, and wraps around the top of Deck 17 FWD

V29.JPG

There are great views and a private restroom up on the Deck 17

V30.JPG

The starboard vent hatch allows for cooling of the Bow Thrusters. . .

V14.JPG

Thank you, thank you, thank you. When we were on the Oasis several weeks ago, we were looking down at everyone on the helipad while departing the Bahamas. When we saw that thing open up, we couldn't figure out what it was. I tried explaining it to several folks, but no one had a clue. Of course we came up with some theories, but all ours were like McGyver things. lol

Radio, do you ever sell any of your photos or swap photos? I am making a book up for some of our group and noticed you have some good shots of places I never got to on the boat. I would love to be able to include them in a scrap book.

When u say "suites area" ... Does that include JS?

It is for "Gold" Sea Pass holders during the day, but anyone can have access after 7PM.

Gold Sea Pass holders would be GS and above.

Radio

;);)

Deck 17 Access

V9.JPG

The access is located on the Port side of Deck 16 FWD

G10.JPG

This image is from March 2010 Oasis of the Seas

Radio, Are all C&A members invited to the helipad sail away or specific ones (AKA Diamond, D+, ect...)

TIA!

I beleive they said it was for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle. . .

Radio

;);)

Here are a few more pics. . . The Oasis Album should be opened tonight (hopefully)

Radio

On Air Club

MM30.JPG

The Rising Tide Bar goes from Deck 5 to Deck 8

W67.JPG

Boleros on Deck 5 with the Diamond Lounge directly above

W5.JPG

Quest in Studio B

V43.JPG

The Shuffleboard Court is directly behind the giant screens in the AquaTheater

T80.JPG

Radio talks about the Superbowl with MedicKen (CC Member)

FD1.JPG

Yo Radio - I just had to add my sincere thanks for the super duper 'live' postings of your latest cruise. I have enjoyed every second of it, and Trainman on Allure the same week....bonus!!! If you two every manage to do the same cruise...all I can say is 'batten down the hatches' because we will have such a ride. Love it.

Thank you, thank you.

donamae

Radio, thanks sooooo much for posting your link to the updated Compasses! Guess who won't be grading papers tonight!:D

Thanks for the nice comments. . .I found a few more Documents that I will try to have up later. . .

Radio

;);)

There was some discussion of the accident during the Captain's Corner on Friday. Very sad situation. I suspect they don't want to release too many details out of repect for the crew member's family.

Yes, it was very sad. . . It turns out that an Officer was severely injured, and they were unable to save another crew member. I was told about the incident the night we left Cozumel. . .

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I was able to find a few more Cruise Compasses for posting on my album.

I was able to post the Royal Babies and Tots, and Teens Compass (Ages 15-17)

I also just loaded the Express Departure Info, and Luggage Valet Info. . .

They cam be located HERE (Just Click on Oasis of the Seas 2011)

Most albums are finished, I just need to add a few more from Costa Maya, and Fort Lauderdale.

It's funny that each time I return from a cruise, I always seem to think abou the photos that I should have taken. . .

Oh well, I guess it is time to plan on going on another cruise !

Radio

;);)

Royal Caribbean Teens (Ages 15-17)

TEENPG1.jpg

Royal Tots & Nursery (Under 3 yr old)

TOTPG1.jpg

Luggage Valet

LUGPG1.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments. . .I found a few more Documents that I will try to have up later. . .

Do you have any documents for a 10 and 12 year old. We sail March 12,2011 on the Oasis. Kids are sooo excited. All your pictures and information have been great.

Lu

Do you have any documents for a 10 and 12 year old. We sail March 12,2011 on the Oasis. Kids are sooo excited. All your pictures and information have been great.

Lu

I have the Compasses for 12-14, but no 10 yr olds. . .

I will have them up tomorrow!

Radio

;);)

Tigergirl13,

My family and I (DH and 3 DDs) have taken the Auto Train many times for trips to Disney World. The northern terminal in Lorton, Virginia, is about 45 minutes from our house (or about 30 minutes south of D.C.). You have to arrive by 2:00 or so to get your vehicle loaded. The train pulls out around 4:30 pm and arrives in Sanford, Florida, around 8:30 the next morning. Dinner and breakfast is included in your fare. There is a "lounge" car where there's a bartender, who sells soft drinks and adult beverages and also pre-packaged sandwiches and hot dogs (correct me if I'm wrong, Radio. It's been a while for us). There was free snack mix available. After dinner in the dining car, a movie would be shown on the small monitors in the lounge car.

The first few trips, we sat upstairs in the family cars, which are like regular train cars -- one seat per person. We learned that we could purchase seats in the separate lower level compartment with only 12 seats for $10 extra per person. Because there were already five of us, only once did we have another person down there with us. Of course I don't know if this is still available, but it was worth it to us. We each got two seats and there was room at the front of the car to lay out a couple of sleeping bags for the girls. The only problem with this set up is that you're sitting right on top of the rails, so I never slept well. I would wake up startled that we'd derailed, since all of a sudden I wouldn't hear the wheels on the rails! Never had a problem, however! We were on the same (lower) level as the public restrooms, so every once in a while someone would push the button to open the door to our car. I admit we did that once when we were sitting upstairs -- out of curiousity -- we wanted to see what (and who) rated this special compartment!

Since it's usually just DH and I going to FL now, we just fly. The airfare has been more reasonable than taking the Auto Train. If we end up retiring to Florida, we'll definitely use this method to move down there!

Hope this helps!

...>>>SNIP<<<...

It's funny that each time I return from a cruise, I always seem to think about the photos that I should have taken.

...>>>SNIP<<<...

Radio

;);)

I know that feeling well. In total DW and I took almost 2,000 pictures on the two week Explorer holiday cruise in December 2010, and in looking thru we keep saying "Why didn't we get a shot of......?"

See you on the Allure in May, assuming I survive tax season.:eek:

Hello everyone. . . I was able to find a few more Cruise Compasses for posting on my album.

I was able to post the Royal Babies and Tots, and Teens Compass (Ages 15-17)

I also just loaded the Express Departure Info, and Luggage Valet Info. . .

They cam be located HERE (Just Click on Oasis of the Seas 2011)

Most albums are finished, I just need to add a few more from Costa Maya, and Fort Lauderdale.

It's funny that each time I return from a cruise, I always seem to think abou the photos that I should have taken. . .

Oh well, I guess it is time to plan on going on another cruise !

Radio

;);)

Royal Caribbean Teens (Ages 15-17)

TEENPG1.jpg

Royal Tots & Nursery (Under 3 yr old)

TOTPG1.jpg

Luggage Valet

LUGPG1.jpg

Radio......exactly what does it mean on the luggage check in section that states you "do not have to check in" at the airport.......do you just go to your gate and wait or do you still have to get in line to check your ticket in and get seating???? I have 27 people going with me and want to advise them correctly. Thank you for your help and the wonderful live review!! Always watch to see when you are traveling and get on with you virtually!!!!

Judi, you will love the luggage thing! We did it on our last cruise put it outside our door at midnight picked it up in BWI! It was suppose to be $20 pp but we were never charge and then the airline didnt charge us either so it was a win win situation. I think it was worth it even if we paid all the costs. You have to get your boarding pass on the ship so they know where to take the bags. For us Best thing ever.

Archived