Newbie - NCL's Great Stirrup Cay

rikkikika

A few questions:

1. Are there food/drinks on the Island?
  2. If yes, how do you pay for it? Cash, Sign & Sail Card?
  3. What are some of the beach items you can rent?

1. Yes, there are food and drinks. NCL puts on a BBQ it's free, and the typical free iced tea and water are available. If you decide to have other beverages, there are little bars on the island.

2. Yes, You use your sign ans sail card. There are some local people there with flea market type items for sale, this requires cash.

3. They have snorkel equipment, rafts, I believe there was probably something else, but I can't remember. I took my own inflatable raft, you can get really cheap ones at Walmart, and when I was done with it, I just gave it to a nearby family to have.

We were there in '08, so things may have changed some, but back then there were alot of large rocks as you got in the water. I stubbed my toes several times, and some were slippery, hopefully they cleaned them out some...

We were there in '08, so things may have changed some, but back then there were alot of large rocks as you got in the water. I stubbed my toes several times, and some were slippery, hopefully they cleaned them out some...

Thanks for the heads up! The take-along cheap Wal-mart float is a great idea and I think I may need to invest in some water shoes.

We have been there twice and we love GSC. Water shoes are a great thing to bring. We swam out to the rocks and there are so many crabs and little creatures it was great fun. We actually went back to get our water shoes so we could go explore more without cutting up our feet. We also did the kayak tour and it was AMAZING and so much fun! There is plenty of drink options. We enjoyed a bucket of beers while we soaked up the sun on our loungers and the bbq is free. Watch out for the crazy seagulls, they dive bomb people for food :eek:. They provided some funny moments. Have a great time!

Archived