Vancouver hotels on priceline.com

Would appreciate any help on others use of priceline.com for hotels in Vancouver in May. We have never used priceline but often see threads about it from other cruisers. What do you have to do and what are the drawbacks??? Are the rooms guaranteed?? Thanks for the info and smooth sailings.

Hi Seatravelers --

There are a couple of other really good threads on here talking about Priceline in Vancouver. One that might be helpful is entitled "PRICELINE FOR VANCOUVER??" and it's on the Ports of Call/Alaska board.

I had tried Priceline many times for our June cruise and had no luck. Finally, since I am one of those obsessive types who needs to know where I'm sleeping each night, I gave up and used Hotwire (thanks to lots of suggestions from people on these boards). I got the Sheraton Wall Centre, a 4-1/2 star hotel, for $95. Sure, if I'd kept trying Priceline up to the last minute I may have gotten the Hyatt Regency for $65, but I just didn't want to take a chance and I'm happy with what I have.

Good luck to you, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Laurie

Yes....Definitely check the Alaska Board. That's where you will find the most info. We did the same as Laurie....couldn't get anywhere with Priceline for a June date, so we tried Hotwire and got the same Sheraton deal. We are happy with that.

Archived