skype, vonage, or any voip on Epic has anyone used any of these ?

rckymtair

Hi we are going on Epic soon, and would like to call home reasonable and wondering if anyone has used any voip services such as skype, vonage, or any other voip service ?

I seen in one of the other posts from someone stated that skype is blocked by NCL internet service but another person stated that they were able to use it !

Anyone whom tried or used any voip service please let me know what you used and if it worked.

Thanks,

Hi we are going on Epic soon, and would like to call home reasonable and wondering if anyone has used any voip services such as skype, vonage, or any other voip service ?

I seen in one of the other posts from someone stated that skype is blocked by NCL internet service but another person stated that they were able to use it !

Anyone whom tried or used any voip service please let me know what you used and if it worked.

Thanks,

You'd have to buy an internet package, which can be pricey, and the connection is VERY slow - I doubt it could handle the load of any VoIP service.

Thanks,

You can use it over wireless on your own laptop, but it's blocked on the Internet Cafe computers.

The connection is slow, and you're much better-off using email and/or IM rather than VoIP.

The access isn't that expensive. I budget $100 / trip, and get 250 minutes + 20 bonus minutes for either 1st-day login or Latitudes (both have the same bonus). 270 minutes = 4.5 hours of access.... so you wouldn't spend your time surfing the web, but for email / keeping in touch, it's about the same price as many hotels on a daily basis ($14/day)....the only difference is that the hotel is unlimited, and here you'd have 38 mins/day.

Archived