C25K (couch to 5k) anyone?

nrh322

Hi... I'm sorry you got injured! I've been reading this thread the past week. I did a program from New Balance called "No Boundries" from a local shoe store called Fleet Feet. It was a 15 week program last summer starting in June and we ran our 5k in September. I never thought I could do it but I did! Keep exercising just at low impact until your ankle feels better! You're doing great!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear N

"How close are you to the Gold's at 1488 and 2978? I work out there and with Danielle Merka of Yes I Can Fitness. She's awesome and VERY affordable as far as boot camp/personal training rates go. Right now, she's even COOKING for me!!"

That is my gym! I just joined and am trying to find my work out stride. Still a bit intimidating. I have considered a trainer, the C25K, took a few classes (I am trying Zumba tonight).

I am getting married in November, our honeymoon cruise is in January. I would like to drop some weight and get toned. I am 50 and fighting the age bulge :)

If you would be interested in a work out partner I would love to chat with you. I am not on the boards much but feel free to email me at Denise0728 it is a gmail account.

Take care!

I love the C25K program. I did it when I first started exercising (when I was 17 and it wasn't called that, it was a program in Shape magazing to get you to run a 20 minute continuous stretch in about 8 weeks), did it again after having my kiddo, and did it once more (in a very truncated fashion) to get ready for a 5k this past fall.

I'm currently benched by my hip (I have hip bursitis, something I've had for about a year that I think I got through belly dance and then aggravated by running, finally a combo of Zumba and running made me actually deal with it) and planning to try to start exercising again THIS week! :D I'm a bit scared since I'm not positive it is healed (I still get twinges) but I don't know if I will ever be completely healed, and exercise helps me deal with stress and the fact that I love to eat and have a VERY hard time restricting calories, I would prefer to simply burn them off.

When I started my last venture into running, it actually made me a runner (which is why the hip bursitis really, really sucks). I started paying attention to my stride and how running made me feel, rather than zoning out like I used to. My iPod was broken, and I got a free iPod shuffle so that was all I had. I used the Podrunner Interval C25K series and LOVED it. I finally found a use for techno! It has a good driving beat but isn't distracting which allows me to focus on my stride, or daydream about my upcoming cruise ;), etc. Other music seems to distract me from what I am doing, while the music in Podrunner really pushes me on. If you haven't tried that podcast, you should! You can even listen to it with a shuffle, even with other music on your iPod.

Dear N

"How close are you to the Gold's at 1488 and 2978? I work out there and with Danielle Merka of Yes I Can Fitness. She's awesome and VERY affordable as far as boot camp/personal training rates go. Right now, she's even COOKING for me!!"

That is my gym! I just joined and am trying to find my work out stride. Still a bit intimidating. I have considered a trainer, the C25K, took a few classes (I am trying Zumba tonight).

I am getting married in November, our honeymoon cruise is in January. I would like to drop some weight and get toned. I am 50 and fighting the age bulge :)

If you would be interested in a work out partner I would love to chat with you. I am not on the boards much but feel free to email me at Denise0728 it is a gmail account.

Take care!

It's a small world after all!!! I work out at the same Gold's AND with Danielle too!!! I'll email you. :)

It's a small world after all!!! I work out at the same Gold's AND with Danielle too!!! I'll email you. :)

Doh! I just reread your post and realized you were quoting me. :cool: LMAO! I'll still email you! HAHAHHAA!

Archived