laundry

Middleton

A lot of my clothes are synthetic "travel clothes" that I do not want to trust to the laundry service (ditto with my undies). So, if I am going to be on board long enough to need them cleaned, I bring along a plastic hanger or 2 and a little laundry detergent and wash in the bathroom sink, hang in the shower. They easily dry overnight so they do not get in the way.

To each their own but the last thing we want to be worrying about after dinner is doing our laundry in the bathroom sink.

The ship's laundry does a fine job and while it isn't cheap it isn't all that much either. And they've never ruined any of my underwear - I trust them explicitly with it:rolleyes:, I even send them my socks!

The availability of the laundry service makes it much easier to pack for long cruises or cruises that follow a pre-cruise land trip.

I think they use too hot water and possibly too harsh detergent in the on-ship laundry. All my dark clothes were faded. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/frown.gif I'll use it for light colored clothing and will probably pack with that in mind, but anything dark will have to be hand-washed or dry cleanable. I'm not losing my black tee shirts again. I wasn't happy with the laundry service for that reason. Otherwise it is nice to have everything come back clean and folded.

Archived