Belize/Lamanai

picture

I took the tour in October, and yes, I booked through the ship. If you are interested in Mayan ruins, then yes, it is absolutely worth doing. Lamanai is my favorite of the three Mayan sites I've been to thus far. We got back to the cruise terminal in sufficient time; we browsed through the shops for about a half-hour, maybe more; then caught the second-to-last tender back to the ship.

I would definitely recommend that you book through the ship. We had no issues whatsoever to delay us, but if something had gone wrong, the timing would have been tight. Lamanai is an all-day excursion, and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the ship will wait for you is worth the price premium, IMO.

thanks. Yes I plan to booked through the ship because I don't want to worry about

being left behind. But I'm glad to hear that you had time to shop. I'd like to @ least have a few minutes to look around and shop if possible.

We did this tour through and independent carrier and it was great. It is a long drive out there and the boat ride up the New River is lots of fun. The ruins themselves are fantastic. When we went there was hardly a soul there. It was so peaceful and you could feel a sense of past residences there. Love it! You can climb on the ruins where you can't at Tulum and so many less people too. I didn't do it through the cruise line so might do a little different but the Ruins themselves are worth seeing.

Archived