Taking soda on the ship

buckeyefan10

Jimm, a few years ago we bought a case of diet mt. dew in Aruba. We had no problem bringing it back on board. However check the exp. date on the soda, ours was over 2 years past the date and was bad. The kicker was we paid $24.00 for the case. So much for my wife's Diet Mt. Dew addiction!

When bringing soda in your carry on............do you bring a 12pk of cans or plastic bottles?? I mean, can you bring 12-20 oz plastic bottles??

If you do bring plastic bottles, do they inspect each one to make sure it has not been opened and tampered with?? :D

The Carnival policy is a 12 pack - size not specified :D. We brought (12 EACH PERSON) the 22 oz. bottles of Coke and Sprite.

As far as how much they inspect what you bring will depend on a lot - from what I hear certain ports inspect more than others. It also depends on how well the screeners do their job!

When we didn't have to pay extra to check a bag on the airplane we brought an entire suitcase (it was a small suitcase) filled with plastic bottles if soda. I also had a concern about them blowing up on the plane but found out from the airline that the luggage compartment is pressurized just like the cabin so there wouldn't be any problems with plastic soda bottles.

We haven't brought a whole 12 pack back on board at the ports, but we have stopped in whatever convenience store is around before reboarding and picked up a few bottles of soda. No one looked twice at it in our backpacks. I honestly never even gave it a thought that we would have a problem with it. I just assumed they were more concerned with liquor coming back on board.

When bringing soda in your carry on............do you bring a 12pk of cans or plastic bottles?? I mean, can you bring 12-20 oz plastic bottles??

If you do bring plastic bottles, do they inspect each one to make sure it has not been opened and tampered with?? :D

It has never been a problem for us and we usually get the 20oz size. We have both carried on and put in checked and has never been a problem to date. The only problem we ever had was in Mobile port. Our carry on bag for our toiletries was a 13x13 cooler we would use when we got to the room. The "lady" at the port would not allow it because coolers can only be 12x12. After some discussion,, my DW being the diplomat that she is said she was sorry she was having a bad day suggesting she get some help and proceeded to break the cooler apart. We carried our stuff on board ship in a walmart bag.

Archived