Dolphin Discovery Cozumel Booking question: Anyone been here lately?

C&THollings

When I went in 2008 to Dolphin Discovery we booked directly from their website. I called yesterday to get information on one of their packages. When I mentioned I was on a Carnival ship, the operator told me he could not longer help me. That I had to book directly with Carnival which is about $70 more a person for the same session. He refused to answer any questions at that point.

Has anyone booked directly with them lately that sailed on a Carnival ship? Did you have any problems if you did.

I can not bring myself to pay Carnival $70 more for the exact same thing. That is just robbery to me !!!

The website does not ask any ship information, I do not see why I can't book directly with them. How can Carnival stop me?

I asked this on the regular boards too, I know everyone does not come to this page. I think I will end up booking directly. The reservation form does not ask how you are arriving. I am not paying Carnival when I get nothing in return!

I posted about this a few weeks ago when I tried myself to book a dophin swim. We did it last year and really enjoyed it so wanted to do it again. When I spoke to the operator she said it had only been in effect for about a month that Carnival has some sort of "agreement" that the only way passengers can go is to do it through them. Others suggested I just call and book and not tell them I'm coming from a Carnival Cruise. The operator said they were losing business. I too REFUSE to pay the extra to Carnival for the same thing I can book myself, for 3 of us that is more than 200.00 extra.

Archived