Royal Caribbean CO37 vs 52? Panama City Tours

sr5242

First of all I have not taken either tour. Other than the box luch vs the buffet lunch they seem to cover pretty much the same ground. The big exception is the buffet lunch due to the fact it is out on the causeway. The trip out there gives you a great view of the Panama City skyline as well as the other islands that suround the Pacific entrance to the Canal, this alone (IMO) may set it apart from the other (#52) tour. Let me take a little detour here, I doubt that most people know the significance of these islands and I have not heard of Panama really doing anything with them in this area. The three islands that are connected by the causeway used to be part of the US Coastal Defence. They are honeycombed with tunnels and the emplacements of 14" and 16" artillery cannons. I think it would be great if Panama could restore a small portion of these old fortifications and incorporate them into some of the tours.

Off the soap box now, the 37 tour seems to list more items on the tour such as going to a few swank neighborhoods, Noriega's house etc. It may be possible that both tours include these items on the tours, as they both seem to cover the same ground as far as Panama City goes. Just a different narrative for same basic tour. I think I might be a bit more inclined to take the one that goes to the causeway. We are headed down there on the Jewel in April and I think we are going to do the #37 tour.

First of all I have not taken either tour. Other than the box luch vs the buffet lunch they seem to cover pretty much the same ground. The big exception is the buffet lunch due to the fact it is out on the causeway. The trip out there gives you a great view of the Panama City skyline as well as the other islands that suround the Pacific entrance to the Canal, this alone (IMO) may set it apart from the other (#52) tour. Let me take a little detour here, I doubt that most people know the significance of these islands and I have not heard of Panama really doing anything with them in this area. The three islands that are connected by the causeway used to be part of the US Coastal Defence. They are honeycombed with tunnels and the emplacements of 14" and 16" artillery cannons. I think it would be great if Panama could restore a small portion of these old fortifications and incorporate them into some of the tours.

Off the soap box now, the 37 tour seems to list more items on the tour such as going to a few swank neighborhoods, Noriega's house etc. It may be possible that both tours include these items on the tours, as they both seem to cover the same ground as far as Panama City goes. Just a different narrative for same basic tour. I think I might be a bit more inclined to take the one that goes to the causeway. We are headed down there on the Jewel in April and I think we are going to do the #37 tour.

Thanks Bill! When in April do you go?

We're on an 11 day, sailing April 18. Seems like a long time away!

Hi Bill,

We're on the same ship on April 18. We were trying to figure out what to do this time. We did this same ship last April and did the Embera Indians, Great trip. Already saw the Canal from the platform so would like to do something that doesn't involve watching a ship go through the locks for an hour. May join you for the CO37.

Until we meet

Claudette & Ray

Archived