Hypothetical Star upgrade question

singinglizzie

This is a hard question, one I've been asking myself. We've booked one of these suites for Pacific Coastal in September. This will be our very first cruise without a balcony. Friends who have never cruised at all are traveling with us.

If we were traveling with children the switch to old AB category would be wonderful. The master bedroom/bathroom are great. There is also a second bathroom. However, to me the second bedroom is tiny and spartan. I don't think I would want to sleep in it. Doesn't seem fair or equal to ask friends to sleep in it.

From the photos I love the sleeping setup of the new deck 12 suites for two couples sharing a stateroom. We'll have to decide who gets the murphy bed and who gets the "real" bed but we'll all have access to the view. Two sinks in the bathroom and public toilets just up the stairs or down the hall if two of us get the urge at the same time :)

Thanks for the replies, should have mentioned that we are 4 adult women between the ages of 40+ to 70+ (sisters/mom) traveling together. We should have plenty of room in the family suite and while I'm excited about it, I am seriously starting to rethink the 1 bathroom. Our sailing is starting to sell-out but there are still 4 2-bedrooms available, so I'm just wondering if we would all fit and if it would be a smart trade-up? No one wants to sleep on a sofa bed, especially since we have read that some of them were recovered to look new, but they kept the old mattresses inside the sofa - huh???

Archived