Romantic Day for 2 at Mr. Sanchos

JTRose123

Has anyone done this? It's $90 a person and includes

• a Private Cabana with your own server
  • All inclusive top shelf, domestic, and internation drinks
  • All inclusive food off of the menu
  • a 30 minute swedish massage
  • a Rose

I'm planning on booking this as a secret for my wife, but was hoping someone else could tell me some more about it..

Thanks!

Has anyone done this? It's $90 a person and includes

• a Private Cabana with your own server
  • All inclusive top shelf, domestic, and internation drinks
  • All inclusive food off of the menu
  • a 30 minute swedish massage
  • a Rose

I'm planning on booking this as a secret for my wife, but was hoping someone else could tell me some more about it..

Thanks!

We're doing this in a few weeks!

• 1 month later...

Anyone back from this yet? We like the idea of a massage on the beach, and the price is not much more than what the AI costs ($50pp vs. $95pp), plus you get the cabana.

Their email states that the cabana is in a "prime location". Is this true? How nice are they? Do you get beach chairs as well so you can get some sun too?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be in Cozumel on June 2nd and it is my wife, 3 kids (8,12,15) and me. I had thought about booking the romantic package for my wife and I then the all-inclusive for each of my kids. Are the cabanas such that my wife and I can lounge in the cabana and keep an eye on the kids or is it like really secluded?

My BF and I did this on the 12th of May and had a fabulous time! They actually have 6-8 cabanas but because ours was reserved it had a sheet and bolster pillow which was nice (the unreserved cabanas had neither). Other people who did not reserve the cabanas were still able to use the vacant cabanas. There are two that are directly behind some of the tables and chairs and several behind on a hill. Our's was one of the two closer to the water. Right next to us was an chef with an outside kitchen set up. I was concerned about the smell from him cooking but it never bothered us a bit (I'm sure the drinks didn't hurt. ;)). The service was great! We were never without a drink and the food was wonderful (we had the chips and quac, nachos and coconut shrimp). The massage area is located on the opposite side of the resort and appeared nice and clean. The massages were amazing and left us yearning for a full hour.

Even though there were three boats in port that day, there were very few people at the resort and plenty of empty chairs and cabanas. The cabana was awesome although we would have had just as an amazing of a time without. I would book the package again in a heartbeat! :D

Here's a picture of our cabana, the view from the cabana and the other cabanas on the hill.

DSCN17062.jpg

DSCN17022.jpg

DSCN1756-1.jpg

We will be in Cozumel on June 2nd and it is my wife, 3 kids (8,12,15) and me. I had thought about booking the romantic package for my wife and I then the all-inclusive for each of my kids. Are the cabanas such that my wife and I can lounge in the cabana and keep an eye on the kids or is it like really secluded?

You would have no problem at all watching and interacting with your kids from the cabanas. There may of course be some spots you can't see them from the cabana, but that would be the case in any of the other spots as well.

Anyone back from this yet? We like the idea of a massage on the beach, and the price is not much more than what the AI costs ($50pp vs. $95pp), plus you get the cabana.

Their email states that the cabana is in a "prime location". Is this true? How nice are they? Do you get beach chairs as well so you can get some sun too?

You have access to any of the beach chairs as well. We just grabbed any that were open (actually almost all were empty that day).

Doing the math...this looks like a good deal.

Any other AI will run you $40 (Ocean) to $50 (Nachi) a person....

a 30 minutes massage is at least $30 a person...

that leaves the cost of the cabana at around $20 a person....

I understand that Mr S just put in a new pool...is it completed yet?

My wife and I did this on May 18. It was a fantastic day. We were able to choose when we wanted the massage right when we got there. There was only one ship in Cozumel that day so there were few people there. We too had one of the 2 beds that are close to the water. The others (i guess about 8-10 of them, but i didn't count) were behind those 2 beds on a hill by the bathrooms. This was a surprise for my wife. I don't know if I would do it again, but it was great to have a little comfortable shaded "home" for the day. The massage was very nice. I don't get many massages so I don't have much to compare it. There is one other bed that is kinda mix in with everything else just to the right front of the resteraunt facing the beach. We loved this place and my wife was so happy with her surprise

@Taterhead - Google Mr. Sanchos Romantic and the first link should be to Beach Tours (this is the only one I know of that offers this package).

@LHP - Yes, there is a nice swim-up bar with several stools (and some swings on the land side). The bartender was very friendly! Yes, the cost savings were that substantial by doing the package, but knowing we had a guaranteed cabana that was close to the beach were nice. And it may seem silly, but the sheet and pillow were nice to have.

We also did this recently (May 13th) and absolutely enjoyed it. Like others have said -- there were 2 beds on the beach and then a bunch up on some hill next to the swimming pool. We were much much much happier having the one down on the beach. Definitely worth it!

Oh, and unknown to some people -- they keep 2 mini laptops at the restaurant that guests can use for free. We checked our email/Facebook/etc too while we were there...and I even uploaded some photos!

Here's a picture of our bed -- it was the one furthest away from the cook & grill. One nice thing was that they had an extra unshaded bed right next to it which we used when we wanted to lay out and get some sun!

5765301447_a01dd56d78_z.jpg

This sounds very nice, and being that we will be in Cozumel the day after our 10 year anniversary, what a way to end out trip.

My only question is the cost. It says $90, but in the written part it says $90 Per Person. Did you guys pay just $90 for both of you or did you have to pay $180? It sounds like a great deal for $90, but not so much for $180, especially since hubby won't use the massage, only I will.

Plus we also like the idea of a horseback ride while we are there. I would be willing to forgo the massage in exchange for the horseback ride. Did anyone do the horseback ride? Do you actually ride on the beach? If you do, were you allowed to gallop or did they keep you to a walk?

Thanks!

I'm thinking about booking this package since we will be in Cozumel on our anniversary. The last time we were in Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocum and we loved it, but this package sounds great !!

We did go to Mr. Sanchos on June 2nd. We did the Romantic day for 2 for my wife and me. I did the all-inclusive for each of my 3 kids. They have a really nice beach and pool. We enjoyed using the snorkel gear and kayaks which were included. The massage thing is normally not my bag but my wife and I did that and not that I have a whole lot to compare to but I thought that was really good. The cab ride from Puerta Maya for the 5 of us was $20.00 each way.

I know lots of folks have talked about the great service they got but for us service was close to non-existent. The food wasn't that great and the menu onsite is different from the one they have posted on their website. I was drinking margaritas and I really question whether some of the ones I got had any tequila in them at all. Literally the waiters would not come our way for more than 30 to 40 minutes at a time. When we did order something we would end up with stuff we did not order and not get the stuff we did order.

Anyway, I thought the place had a lot of potential but the service ruined it for me and I really don't think I am that demanding when it comes to that kind of stuff. I basically just don't want to be ignored which I felt we were at our day at the beach.

I did not prebook my trip to mr. sanchos but when my boyfriend and I got there they told us about this special. After deliberating we decided it would not be worth while, as he is not really into massages,but the cabana would have been a nice luxury. I'm glad we decided this! We opted for doing the All-Inclusive deal instead (50 pp). Once we sat on the All-Inclusive side our waiter Ramon told us about everything we had access to (unlimited food, drinks & shots, lounge chairs, pool bar, snorkeling, kayaks, and the cabanas). We only used the cabana for max. half an hour as it started to lightly drizzle throughout the day and the cabana mattresses got wet. But it was nice to have the option of using it without paying the extra cost for the romantic couples special.

Archived