looking for a family beach in barbados

eddiep

We are going to Barbados with kids from 12 to 2, looking for a nice family beach. When we were in Barbados in 2010 we went to Monkey beach and were disappointed. Not very clean, no bathrooms or restaurant, and long wait for cabs. Any suggestions for a family beach with facilities

We were in Barbados last year at this time and had a private guide drive us around. We asked for a little beach break and he took us to Miami Beach on the South Coast. This is not far from Bridgetown. It was a very clean beach with lots of families but not really crowded. The waves are safe and there are changing facilities and vendors.

Eddiep, I am hoping some other CC folks will give you some suggestions, we are traveling with our 4 yr. old grandson and my husband has had some health problems this last year so we are also looking for a good family beach too. I am thinking about just trying Carlisle Beach since it is close to the ship and the pictures look nice, but I haven't been able to figure out if there is some place there that we can buy food for the 4 yr old other then Lobster Alive. He is a very good eater, but doesn't like seafood. I just don't want to go to a beach that doesn't have good facilities, like clean restrooms and food bar of some sort.

We are going to Barbados with kids from 12 to 2, looking for a nice family beach. When we were in Barbados in 2010 we went to Monkey beach and were disappointed. Not very clean, no bathrooms or restaurant, and long wait for cabs. Any suggestions for a family beach with facilities

Go to Accra beach. Beautiful and clean with full facilities. We just too a cab from the ship. I think it was $20.00 for the 2 of us.

• 2 weeks later...

We visited the boatyard Beach Facility in January and it was great, it was myself , husband, three kids ages 11-16 and my 2 elderly parents. It is close by to the Port, and offers everything you would need for a day at the beach. We paid 12 us per person and this included a beach chair, umbrella, one drink, use of ocean trampolines, rope swing, climbing slice, dive board, there are showers and restrooms, a bar and restaurant. There are persons on the beach who do jet skiing , snorkelling and so on but you rent that stuff separately, you just have to get the price agreed on before you take the activity and I am sure you will have a great time. Plus we got a free ride back to the ship in the afternoon.

Archived