Warm enough to snorkel in Freeport, Bahamas??

Skyknightslady

It will be cool but tolerable. Water temp is 78/79 degrees average in March. I swim in a heated pool at the YMCA and the temp is 87 degrees. I bought a shorty wetsuit years ago (try ebay) and it is much more comfortable for snorkeling in cooler months. Have fun!

• 1 month later...

It depends on the person. I find water at 78 or 80 to be just fine. Ispend hours in the water in the Caribbean. BUT a person living in the Caribbean used to the heat thinks it is freezing.

On our last trip to St. Maartens for a week I scuba dived and found it great but the divers from there were shivering even though they wore wet suits.

Are you going on excursion with Carnival or other wise. Spouse and self are booked with Island Marketing for Catamaran Sailing and Snorkeling in Freeport for out April cruise and just wondered if you might be using same. If so, would love to get feed back re experience. We are first timers and are a little anxious as we are not strong swimmers. Trying to decide whether to use company's masks, snorkels or invest in some of our own before we go. Hate to spend too much as don't know if will be doing much snorkeling in the future. Also, spouse has mustache so are considering just using swim goggles and nose clip (I am sure we won't be doing much but floating and looking). Have a great trip!!

Archived